Question

No signal in "Very good service" area.

Userlevel 1
Hello,
I have practically no service at home (except occasionally in some rooms upstairs). According to the Coverage & Network status page I should have "very good service" in my area (OX2 7TG), and that's why I changed to iD in the first place.
I see, however, the following announcement on the same web page: "We know that there's a problem with the service in your area and we're working on getting it fixed. Check back within 7 days for an update."
My question is: how reliable is this information and forecast? I.e., how likely is it that the problem will be resolved rapidly? Or is there something else I can do to improve matters?
I swapped the SIM card with two other handsets but the problem remains, so it's definitely an iD coverage problem.
The phone is used by my wife, who is currently disabled because of a fall; obviously there's no point in keeping the contract if she can't use the phone at home.
Thanks.

13 replies

Same for me. Can someone investigate? My area is WA5.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @gs1956_2000 & @AlexFili,

Our coverage checker is very accurate, and if a fault has been identified then the information is added to the tracker, just to keep you in the know with what is going on. We'd fully expect the level of coverage to be that of what is shown once the work has been completed.

Keep checking our coverage checker for updates on this and if nothing changes within those timescales, please get in touch.

Ryan
Userlevel 1
I too am having signal problems with ID at home more then anywhere le18 1an.....will be changing it at times nd of contract if don’t improve ....not happy paying for a service when it doesn’t work....
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Sandraone,

I've checked your postcode on our coverage checker (found here) and your home seems to be in an area with slightly lower coverage, however I'd still expect you to get some coverage indoors with better coverage outdoors. Do you have signal indoors?

Ryan
Userlevel 1
I get one bar on my signal
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Sandraone,

Hopefully the coverage in your area improves in the future.

Ryan

We have the exact same problem - " 4G coverage in SY17 5xx

Very good service." Real situation - no coverage unless we go outside, and then it's minimal. Generally.

So - sorry iD Mobile, but your coverage checker isn't accurate. We used to have service provided by Vodafone and it was excellent. Then they did some "improvements" - signal shaping we were told - and it got a lot worse for us. It seems whatever supplier we have has the same issues. We can almost see the mast from our house so it should be much better. When we complained before - quite a long time ago - we were told that engineering works were planned so wait and see. We're still waiting.
I've found that no coverage maps are reliable.
Hi @TognBee

We're sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with your coverage.
We have carried out some checks today and can see some work on your local mast was completed on 28/06/2019.
Are you able to advise if this has improved things for you?

Jade
Thank you for responding Jade. Things are slightly worse if anything, although marginal. (When you have virtually no signal, a bit less isn't very noticable.)
I just tried to go to the coverage map but any attempt to access idmobile simply gives the following;
The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.
Your support ID is: 10782301953918798728
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @TognBee,

Please can you try our website through a different browser? There may be an issue with it loading in the one you're currently using.

Ryan
Hi Ryan,
Thanks for the suggestion. It works through Chrome but not Firefox 67.0.4, 64 bit.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @TognBee,

Thank you. How is the website working today for you? Let me know if there is still an issue so we can escalate this to our website team.

Ryan
Hi Ryan, The website functionality is not really an issue - the lack of network coverage is more of a problem.
With very best wishes, Roger

Why iD Mobile?