Solved

None to poor coverage

Userlevel 1
On Saturday I had no signal and at times just 1 bar. I had to take my mother to hospital for a procedure and they were going to call and let me know when I could collect her. There was no signal in the waiting room, very little around the hospital I ended up driving home where again no signal or just 1 bar. This made it a stressful day as I could not be contacted by my mobile. I now have only 1 bar of signal. If this continues I will be changing provider..
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 1 May 2018, 13:40

View original

29 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Ilovegin,

It's quite common to get little/no coverage in or around a Hospital and coverage does vary indoor.

Are you currently experiencing coverage at your home postcode also?

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Yes it is happening at home too. Only 1 bar.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
How long have you had these coverage issues?

Have these started recently?

You can try checking your coverage on https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/uk-coverage-checker

This will confirm if there's any issues with the local masts in your area.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
I have been in Malaysia for the last 3 weeks and noticed it the day after I got back.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Can you PM me your full postcode @Ilovegin and I'll check the coverage for you?

Have you tried powering down your handset, removing the SIM, powering back up the handset and re-inserting the SIM? This can reset you on the network and often help with coverage problems.

Mohammed
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @Ilovegin,

I've received your PM.

Thanks for confirming your postcode for me and for testing the removing/reinserting SIM mentioned above.

I'm sorry to hear that this step hasn't helped.

I've taken a look at the coverage at this address using our internal checker and can see there is some work at the local 3G and 4G masts in your area today which is also expected to complete by tonight. I'm hoping that this improves the overall coverage in the area.

The coverage levels indicate that there is Good Outdoor coverage but Marginal Indoor coverage.

You mentioned that this has only started upon your return from Malaysia, what were your coverage levels like prior to this? How many bars of coverage did you used to get?

When you're out and about in other areas away from home (besides the hospital) what is your coverage like?

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Hi that mast update has made no difference to signal I have 1 or zero bars.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @Ilovegin,

I will PM you regarding this.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Hello @Ilovegin,

It's quite common to get little/no coverage in or around a Hospital and coverage does vary indoor.

Are you currently experiencing coverage at your home postcode also?

Mohammed

How on earth do you make out its quite common for no signals around hospitals, that is just not true, maybe with the 3 network yes but 02 and Vodafone networks never have problems around hospitals and their coverage is far superior to 3 network.

As soon as I leave the house my mobile goes to emergency calls only mode.

There are no bars on my coverage even in the house and I only seem to have internet coverage!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Dave Tallett,

Have you tried the SIM in a different handset to confirm it’s not a SIM issue?

Are you having issues when out and about also?

Kash

Kash,I have received a new SIM card and it is exactly the same. No bars showing for reception and phone keeps going to “emergency calls only “ mode. That’s inside my house so works off the internet. Outside I can’t call anyone which is a problem because I have just come out of hospital and need to stay in contact with people!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Dave Tallett,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

No coverage 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Genna Ganderton-Smith,

Can you please provide us with further information?

Is it a recent issue that you are experiencing and is it with calls,texts and data?

Have you checked your coverage and if any work is being carried out in your area? You can check this via the link below:

https://www.three.co.uk/support/network_and_coverage/network_support

Kash

Userlevel 1

I am having very poor signal issues. I have been an ID customer for about 10 years (same address) and have not had a problem before. Data is fine, texts are fine, I have 4 bars of signal showing but when I make calls recently (over the last month I would say) the sound keeps cutting out and scrambling the sound before cutting off. I have tried different rooms or outside but it's no better. I  have replaced the SIM too but this had no effect. I tried the SIM in another phone and had the same problem, so it isn't my phone, or the SIM. Signal checker says my area is covered?? Could you look into this please and advise.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey @Haze999 

I’m sorry to hear you’re having issues at your postcode, I see you mention you checked the signal checker but did you check the Status checker to check for outages in your area? If you’ve checked this and it doesn’t show any issues or outages let us know here and we’ll privately message you to look further into it!

Tom

Userlevel 1

I have checked 3's status checker and it says they are fixing network problems in this area. DH2 2JH. The thing is it has said this for at least the last 3 weeks or so!  I can't have a conversation with anyone, it cuts off and scrambles each time I try. I can't even make a doctors appointment! Or call a taxi!  I am paying for unlimited calls as part of the package and am unable to make any.... Surely they should have fixed the network issues by now? As I said before it isn't my phone or the SIM, see above. Please can you help.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I have checked 3's status checker and it says they are fixing network problems in this area. DH2 2JH. The thing is it has said this for at least the last 3 weeks or so!  I can't have a conversation with anyone, it cuts off and scrambles each time I try. I can't even make a doctors appointment! Or call a taxi!  I am paying for unlimited calls as part of the package and am unable to make any.... Surely they should have fixed the network issues by now? As I said before it isn't my phone or the SIM, see above. Please can you help.

Hey @Haze999, the network status check suggests that Three are working on 5G upgrades for the masts in your area. Unfortunately, this works seems to take weeks not days.

In addition, Three might be switching OFF their 3G network infrastructure in your area as part of their plan to cease 3G by end of 2024 - more about this here.

Anyway, good luck.
🤞 

Userlevel 1

I have the right connections to get 4g calling. I have checked this so that's not an issue. Your response isn't helpful at all...i can't believe that my own mobile phone provider is wishing me 'Good Luck' with the signal problems! That's not customer service! At the very least there should be some sort of idea about how long it will take to resolve...I can not make or receive ANY calls, as the signal is so terrible it immediately drops out! I want to escalte this as a formal complaint. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I have the right connections to get 4g calling. I have checked this so that's not an issue. Your response isn't helpful at all...i can't believe that my own mobile phone provider is wishing me 'Good Luck' with the signal problems! That's not customer service! At the very least there should be some sort of idea about how long it will take to resolve...I can not make or receive ANY calls, as the signal is so terrible it immediately drops out! I want to escalte this as a formal complaint. 

Sorry you feel that way @Haze999 - for the avoidance of doubt, I don’t work for iD Mobile.
Just an iD customer like yourself.

If your handset supports Wi-Fi Calling, you could try that at your DH2 location.
I rely on “iD WiFi Call” service at home, as I’m in a mobile not-spot.

The https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/complaints-procedure online page has everything you need in order to make your complaint.

Good luck.

Userlevel 1

Apologies I thought this was a customer service portal, but thanks for the link to the complaint procedure. Thanks.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Apologies I thought this was a customer service portal, but thanks for the link to the complaint procedure. Thanks.

The iD Community is just an online forum for iD customers to help one another, in the absence of help from iD themselves.

The primary customer service portal is the iD online chat service, at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat.

You’ll find iD customer service agents there 9am - 8pm weekdays, and 9am - 6pm weekends (and bank holidays).

You can also contact iD privately for assistance from their facebook and Twitter pages.

Anyway, dare I say it, good luck.
🤞

Hi there,

I'm getting little to no signal at home and work BN27 4BZ

Weird thing is my 3 network mobile is not as bad. Not great, but not as bad. It's that which I'm writing this message on now. I can't remember exactly when the problem started , but it's been about two weeks now.

I moved to ID because I had this very problem with O2 at this postcode and they couldn't resolve it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Kelvin13, according to Three’s coverage checker, you live in a 3G-only area, and it seems to be a bit borderline with regards to indoor coverage. You can see for yourself here.

Additionally, I can see that there’s a network issue in your area at the moment, which you can also check for yourself here.

And on top of all that, our network partners Three will be decommissioning their 3G network by the end of 2024, which, as it stands, means we might not be able to provide any coverage at all at your postcode.

Are you in a long-term contract with us, or just a 30-day rolling SIM?

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?