Solved

None to poor coverage

• 16 April 2018
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
On Saturday I had no signal and at times just 1 bar. I had to take my mother to hospital for a procedure and they were going to call and let me know when I could collect her. There was no signal in the waiting room, very little around the hospital I ended up driving home where again no signal or just 1 bar. This made it a stressful day as I could not be contacted by my mobile. I now have only 1 bar of signal. If this continues I will be changing provider..
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 1 May 2018, 13:40

Hey @Ilovegin,

I will PM you regarding this.

Mohammed
View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hello @Ilovegin,

It's quite common to get little/no coverage in or around a Hospital and coverage does vary indoor.

Are you currently experiencing coverage at your home postcode also?

Mohammed
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
How long have you had these coverage issues?

Have these started recently?

You can try checking your coverage on https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/uk-coverage-checker

This will confirm if there's any issues with the local masts in your area.

Mohammed
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Can you PM me your full postcode @Ilovegin and I'll check the coverage for you?

Have you tried powering down your handset, removing the SIM, powering back up the handset and re-inserting the SIM? This can reset you on the network and often help with coverage problems.

Mohammed
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hey @Ilovegin,

I've received your PM.

Thanks for confirming your postcode for me and for testing the removing/reinserting SIM mentioned above.

I'm sorry to hear that this step hasn't helped.

I've taken a look at the coverage at this address using our internal checker and can see there is some work at the local 3G and 4G masts in your area today which is also expected to complete by tonight. I'm hoping that this improves the overall coverage in the area.

The coverage levels indicate that there is Good Outdoor coverage but Marginal Indoor coverage.

You mentioned that this has only started upon your return from Malaysia, what were your coverage levels like prior to this? How many bars of coverage did you used to get?

When you're out and about in other areas away from home (besides the hospital) what is your coverage like?

Mohammed
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hey @Ilovegin,

I will PM you regarding this.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Yes it is happening at home too. Only 1 bar.
Userlevel 1
I have been in Malaysia for the last 3 weeks and noticed it the day after I got back.
Userlevel 1
Hi that mast update has made no difference to signal I have 1 or zero bars.
Userlevel 1
Hello @Ilovegin,

It's quite common to get little/no coverage in or around a Hospital and coverage does vary indoor.

Are you currently experiencing coverage at your home postcode also?

Mohammed

How on earth do you make out its quite common for no signals around hospitals, that is just not true, maybe with the 3 network yes but 02 and Vodafone networks never have problems around hospitals and their coverage is far superior to 3 network.