Question

Not connected to network

• 7 April 2020
  • 4 replies

I have recently bought a contract with a Samsung A!) pone with ID sim for my mum who has medical issues . She needs this to keep in touch . I have tried it for the first time at her house today , and have been unable to make several calls , I get the not connected to network message or it just drops out . There is very poor signal reception , although my mobile on vodaphone works fine - 

Why is this doing it - and can it be solved - my mum needs this connection ?

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Sleekjoy 

Indoor reception in some areas might be a little bit slower than in other areas. For example in my house I get one bar or none that's why I always use workaround. Which model is it that you purchased for your mum? Does your mum have WiFi at home? iD Mobile offer WiFi Calling feature on compatible handsets. It means that your mum will be able to make phone calls and send texts using her WiFi. It will use internet connection instead of mobile network but will work the same way. If you would like to try that just let me know which model it is and I will check for you if its compatible and guide you how to set it up. 

Here is a wee screenshot from my phone. Its one bar in my living room.

Kind Regards 

Gregor

HI , Thank you so much . 

Sadly mum has no internet at home - she is 82 and has suffered a series of strokes , so her comprehension is not great at the moment . 

We got is as she had been using a Samsung mobile but a small one , so purchased the A10 as it was bigger more like a home handset. 

It may take her a bit of time to get used to it , but was irritation when i was trying to show her how to use it and it wouldnt work  !

If i have to get internet I will - just it worked fine before with vodaphone - seems ID is the issue 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Sleekjoy 

iD Mobile is using signal provided by Three Network so their coverage depends on the numbers of Three masts near your mums home. Just to make sure that is the case you can check one the Ofcom website here if iD Mobile / Three coverage should be good indoors in the Area. Just type in your mums postcode in there. For example under my postcode EE has not been tested and Three is bad indoors. 

Wee screenshot as example

Kind Regards 

Gregor

thank you , I have checked the masts and I have green ticks all round . 

I am going to try again at my mums house tonight . See how it goes . 

I will keep you all up to date - great responses by the way fabulous

Why iD Mobile?