Question

Not receiving all texts

• 26 March 2019
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I have had two different people on different networks tell me that they have sent me text messages that I've not received. I sometimes get their texts but not always. I've checked there are no numbers blocked on my phone, I've verified that their phones show the message as having been sent. I have cleared out loads of old messages in case there's a space issue. This is a big issue and has caused a lot of problems for me and I'm concerned who else is sending me messages that I'm not getting. Can anyone help?
Thanks.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello,

I used your link and it says very good 3G and 4G coverage but then also says there are network issues, it's really not very clear.

Calls are fine and texts are fine again at the moment, my concern is how I'm supposed to know when they're working and when they're not. The handset I'm using is a Galaxy S9.

Thanks

Juliet

Hello @julietm84,

Network issues in the area would affect the coverage and may be causing you to receive some, but not all texts.

Is there a date set for completion of any repairs in the area?

Can you confirm the full postcode or get us a screenshot of what shows on the coverage checker and we'll try to advise further?

Mohammed
Hello,

I used your link and it says very good 3G and 4G coverage but then also says there are network issues, it's really not very clear.

Calls are fine and texts are fine again at the moment, my concern is how I'm supposed to know when they're working and when they're not. The handset I'm using is a Galaxy S9.

Thanks

Juliet
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hi @julietm84,

We are sorry to hear about these issues and we will do what we can to get to the bottom of this.

Firstly it may be worth checking the current coverage in your area as issues with coverage may restrict text messages coming through. You can click HEREto view the coverage in your area, simply enter your postcode.

Are you able to receive calls without any problems? Could you confirm the handset that you are using so we can look further into it.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?