Question

Not receiving sms or calls.

• 8 November 2018
  • 7 replies

Hi my problem started 3 days ago, when people ring me it goes straight to voicemail for them, when they send me a text i do not recieve them and now when i call any number it says my service wont let me have access to this number had this happened to anybody else? And is there a way to fix this? I have paid my monthly balance and can send sms

7 replies

Badge +10
Could be many issues that are causing this for you, let us first try to rule out a few things.
Firstly do you have a good signal strength? If you constantly have 1 bar or less you may experience issues like this, move to an area with a better reception and try again.

1.Have you installed any new apps on your mobile in the last 5 days?
If so check that they aren't causing this issue by uninstalling them one by one and then check the services again.

2.You can always try turning off the mobile and taking out the sim card, cleaning it and put it back.
After you turn the mobile back on it might all start working again.

3.Check that you haven't put a block on incoming?
Depends what type of mobile you have as to where the block calls is.
Usually can be found in contacts and then settings.

3.You may have set call forwarding for all calls, this setting also depends on your mobile.

If you post back with the type of mobile you have and what version of software you are running this would be a great help, thank you.

4.Lastly do you have 100's of stored text messages or is your mobile running out of storage space? Little known issue is all mobiles have a limited amount of storage set aside for text messages, you may have to delete a few hundred text messages and see if services are restored!!!

look forward to helping you further.
I tried uninstalling new apps still have the same problem and taking sim card out and stuff, i went through all my settings and performed a network settings reset still no difference,

My phone is a samsung galaxy a5 2017 and the software is android version 8.0.0
Badge +10
I tried uninstalling new apps still have the same problem and taking sim card out and stuff, i went through all my settings and performed a network settings reset still no difference,

My phone is a samsung galaxy a5 2017 and the software is android version 8.0.0

Samsung suggest turning airplane mode on and off again, I can't see how this can work as you said you have rest the network settings, worth a try. They also suggest checking call divert settings you prob done that already!

Have you been able to test the sim in another mobile? that will rule out an ID Mobile issue or mobile/software issue?

If you get the same issue with the sim in another mobile then contact live chat there could possibly be an issue with your sim or ID Mobile account.
I have same issue with my iPhone! It’s been more than a week since I realised that I don’t receive inclomning calls or texts. I have turned on and off again a few times and opened the SIM card ( even receding a brand new sim from iD mobile but it’s not working. I don’t know what to do. I can also make calls and send texts but can’t receive them.

When I switched from Virgin, it had been totally fine for about 2 weeks. And suddenly this happened.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Ryanxlowey,

This definitely sounds like a strange issue. Can you replicate the same issue whilst using another phone?

@Nyan35,

Can you let me know what else you have done to try and resolve this issue so we can help further?
@Ryan

I tried to change some settings on "General" and turned off roaming setting or iMessage etc. Nothing is working so far. I still cant receive incoming calls or messages.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
@Ryan

I tried to change some settings on "General" and turned off roaming setting or iMessage etc. Nothing is working so far. I still cant receive incoming calls or messages.

Hey @Nyan35,

Just wondering, did you port your number into iD Mobile by any chance?

Or are you using a new number connected with the SIM?

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?