Question

Not registered on network

• 24 June 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I CANNOT MAKE OR RECEIVE CALLS ON MY SAMSUNG A71. WHEN I TRY TO MAKE A CALL THE MESSAGE COMES UP ‘NOT REGISTERED ON NETWORK’. I TRIED LOOKING THROUGH THE PREVIOUS QUESTIONS BUT THE EMPLOYEE HAD PM’D THE ANSWER (WHAT GOOD IS THAT?) I HAVE TRIED MY SIM IN ANOTHER PHONE AND IT SAYS ‘NO SIM’. SO WHAT AM I TO DO?

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @MISTERCRISPY, sorry you aren’t receiving any service. Is this a new connection or have you been with us for a while and you’ve suddenly lost service? Have you tried rebooting your phone and resetting your network settings? 

Can you please confirm your full postcode so I can check for any service disruption in your area?

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

Hi Rory, thanks for your reply. After my previous contract expired I got a new phone about 2 months ago. It has been working for the last couple of weeks after I found out how to keep my old number.  Then suddenly I got the [not registered] message whenever I tried to dial a number . Internet is ok. Rebooting didn’t help and I tried airplane on/off and stuff. Tried the sim card in another phone - no joy.Now waiting for a new sim in the post after using the chatbox. I don;t want to give out my postcode thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @MISTERCRISPY, so you ported your number across and it was working for a couple of weeks before the issues arose, is that right? It could be that there’s simply some disruption in your area; if you jump back on the Live Chat, they’ll be able to take your postcode privately and check for you.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?