Solved

Not registered on network...... not a signal issue

• 28 November 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
For several days possibly longer my phone has said not registered on network. No internet no phone. It sometimes works on WiFi which connects automatically at home and work so has taken a while to realise it's a real problem and not intermittent, but mostly says not registered if no where near a WiFi.
I have cleared the cache, taken the SIM out several times, restarted etc.
Mum on same network hers working fine sat next to me yesterday which is when I realised it was not a location thing but my phone or my SIM. Looking at the numerous other community posts I see it is not a phone thing but a SIM thing.
Having done everything I can to trick the phone into accepting it again, bar a full factory reset and loose all my data I am at a loss as to what to do now. Posh phone (galax S9) only a few months old rendered of less use than the ancient S3 I was using!
Please advise how to get the SIM reset so that I may call again. I'm paying for a service (internet when not at home and ability to make calls) that is not available to me.
icon

Best answer by Springershaven 3 December 2018, 09:24

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Springershaven,

This is unfortunate to hear. I am afraid that whoever sold you the handset would need to take control and have this blacklist lifted.

Ryan
Userlevel 1
Ok so it's not my SIM after all. I've been to carphone warehouse who have managed to tell me It's my second hand phone now blacklisted after 5 months.

The police can't help and Samsung can't help. I don't know the original provider so can't ask them why it was blacklisted nor inform them of possible insurance fraud. Can you help?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Springershaven,

Sorry to hear you're having issues here.

Is this an issue affecting Calls, Texts & Data? Or just Data?

It's not quite clear in the above message.

Have you tried your SIM in your mums device and your mums SIM in your phone since she's on the same network? This will help us understand the fault better?

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?