Question

Number not recognised when trying to call

• 13 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Three times yesterday I telephoned my wife.   We both use the iD network.   On each occasion I received the “number not recognised” message.   These attempts were dialled from my mobile phone contacts list so it wasn’t a typing error and the log shows the attempts.   In the end I had to contact her using WhatsApp which connected first time.

On returning home, I tried again and it work flawlessly.   Exactly the same problem has presented itself today.

I noted that at least one other person had this problem although I don’t know whether they  are now problem free.   Are you able to provide a remedy please.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @DeeTee,

Sorry to hear that.

Just so we’ve got the right information here, the number affected is only the one number which is your wife (on her Mobile).

No other numbers are affected?

You said it didn’t work but was resolved when you came home. But now it’s started again today.

Can you clarify if both times the issue ocurred in the same location? Or that it ocurred once when you were out and then once at home?

Mohammed

Thanks Mohammad for your reply.   I was about 12 miles from my wife on the first occasion and that was around 3:15pm.   I tried 3 times on that occasion.   On trying it from home the number connected as it should have.

The next day it was around 3:35pm and I tried twice.   However, I was within a mile that time so not making my call from the same place.   Again, once home a trial call connected properly.

I am not a great phone user, but have had no problems with other numbers.

Since I posted, I read a suggestion that I remove the card from my wife’s phone and clean it which I have done.   I have not had any further problem, but it’s rather early to say for sure that this is resolved.   I live in hope!

Regards

David

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Have you had any further examples since your last post @DeeTee 
Are you able to check that number is correct in your contacts list for your wife?  We’ve seen it in the past where sometimes (by accident) there can be more than 1 entry for someone in the phone, with one of the numbers not being entered correctly.

So it’s worth just checking for certain that you’ve not got an entry in your phones contact/ address book bit that is actually an incorrect listing for her.

Let us know if you’re having any further trouble though, if so then we’ll message you privately here if needed to take a further look into this with you.

The more examples you can get of this happening (with the dates/ times) the better we can have this pinpointed as to what the problem may be with our Tech Team if needed.

Why iD Mobile?