Solved

Number Ported but No Service

• 21 July 2020
  • 7 replies

I received a message saying my number has ported over but my phone says no service and doesn’t appear to be able to connect to the iD network, help needed  

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 23 July 2020, 13:48

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @RachClemance, thanks for getting in touch. Is there any type of error message at all? Has the phone been used on a different network previously?

Will

Hi, it says no service and when I go to mobile data in settings it says an update is required to use mobile data on this iPhone. 

I am using a new iPhone so it hasn’t previously been connected to any other network. 

my number was previously connected to EE

thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @RachClemance,

Try restarting the handset.

It can often take up to 24-hours following the port for it to update.

Are you still having issues now?

Mohammed

Hi, unfortunately it is still not working. I have just put this sim in my old phone and it finds the iD mobile network but it is not working with this new phone

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @RachClemance , has the handset got the iOS updated to the latest one? Odd that the SIM would work in your old phone and not the new one. Where did you get the phone from?

Will

Hi, I got the phone from carphone warehouse within a curry’s store local to me. I have checked the software on the new iPhone and it says it is updated to the latest

thanks 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Thanks @RachClemance . Are you able to try a SIM from a different network in the new handset to see if that works? I’m starting to believe this may well be a handset issue you see.

Will

Why iD Mobile?