Question

Others unable to call me

• 30 June 2020
  • 3 replies

I have been with iD Mobile around a year and ported my number over from Smarty (though it is originally a Vodafone number from around 1999). Everything has worked fine until now.

I am able to make calls fine, but others are unable to call me from the public network, receiving the message "the number you have called is not recognised." I have tried this from both my landline and my wife's mobile and both get the same message. 

As far as I am aware, this is new today. I certainly received calls fine last week.

Can you please advise? I am unable to call iD Mobile directly to get resolution as the call centres are closed due to COVID-19, but I do need this resolved. 

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

How odd.

Well do let us know here if you have any further issues @richardkillip, we’ll do all we can to help from there as needed.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @richardkillip,

We are sorry to hear about that issue, it certainly is a strange one to just randomly occur. Which phone make and model are you using? Also, if you perform a manual network search from within your phones mobile network settings, so you see any difference to the issue?

Once we know a bit more, we’ll see what else we can do to help.

Thank you,
Ryan

Hi @Ryan. Thanks for your reply. I have a Huawei P20 Pro and unfortunately don't quite understand what you asked me to do in settings - however, the good news is that the issue seems to have resolved itself and now can receive calls as normal. How strange. But at least people can now call me. 

Why iD Mobile?