Solved

Phone call cuts off after 4 minutes

• 14 July 2020
  • 7 replies

Hi

My wife’s phone has an issue where phone calls just end after 3 minutes and 38 seconds. We are thinking its a network error as there isn’t anything in the phone calls settings which would cause this. The phone says “system error” when the call ends. We also get error messages when trying to acces some of the phone call settings to do with network.

Do you think there might be an error with the SIM?

Or issue with ID account?

Or issue with the device?

Could a solution be to reset setting to do with the SIM settings on the device?

Or another solution to get a new SIM card?

Thanks for you help in advance,

Ben

icon

Best answer by Will 14 August 2020, 19:23

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @coopbmc 

Has she recently moved a number over from another network to us?  Have problems persisted ever since starting with iD Mobile?

We would need to be speaking to your wife directly in order to check into her account, as a data security requirement.

Could you potentially ask her to contact our Live Chat Team within their opening hours here:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/contact-us

Alternatively, please have her create a topic on here and we’ll contact her directly.

A replacement SIM could be the answer in some cases, but we’ll troubleshoot that with her till things are all good.

Hi, I am having the same issue described here…

Calls end around 4minutes saying the ‘phone number is not available on my service’, whether it is standard landline or commercial.

Please help.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @mradbo, thanks for getting in touch.

Is this everywhere or just in certain areas? Is data effected too?

Will

It is everywhere, but only calls affected (cut off) at around 4 minutes.

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Have you tried removing the SIM card and powering down the handset for 10 minutes @mradbo?

Will

Hi Will, I have not experienced the issue since your recommendation, but I have also not had an prolonged phone call to see if the cut off still occurs. I will see what happens.

Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi Will, I have not experienced the issue since your recommendation, but I have also not had an prolonged phone call to see if the cut off still occurs. I will see what happens.

Thanks for your help.

Hello @mradbo 

We’re glad to hear that the issue has not re-occurred since.

Do keep an eye on it and let us know if the issues re-occur and we’ll advise further if needed.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?