Question

Phone cuts off after a while talking

• 16 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

My wife uses my iphone 5S to talk to her friends occasionally at home. However, on more than one occasion the call has been ended/cut off after she has been talking for a while. Is this ID mobile coverage fault. The phone’s fault? Internet provider?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Kenneth 

Do you recall if you receive a message or automated voice at all when these errors occur?

Is it only at home you notice this problem happening?

Could we get your full postcode to see if any known issues could be affecting the mast there?

Turning on WiFi calling can sometimes be a good boost for your signal if you notice you have troubles at home.  More on that here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/wifi-calling

Userlevel 1

I do not receive messages or automated voice. It just cuts off. I don’t know if it happens outdoors since I don’t talk for that long there. It happens indoors when I am talking to a friend on speaker phone for some time. Wifi calling is turned on. 

Still happening and it is annoying! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Kenneth, does it happen at the exact same time everytime, or is it seemingly random? Could you confirm the postcode for us?

You may wish to try rebooting the phone and/or performing a network settings reset. On an iPhone, this will be under Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will also remove any Wi-Fi networks, so they’ll need to be set up again once done, but it does tend to fix the majority of network issues.

Let us know if you’re still having trouble after this.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?