Question

Phone not receiving otps

• 7 October 2019
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1
I've seen the previous topic and I don't have a problem with Santander OTPs but do with online credit card purchases with both M&S Bank and HSBC. Can anyone advise? Many thanks, Julian

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thanks Mohammed - the email has been sent:

Hello!  I’ve been advised by Mohammed to contact you about a problem I’m experiencing with my phone as discussed in the forum:

https://community.idmobile.co.uk/coverage-24/phone-not-receiving-otps-31478#post44383

Any assistance you can provide will be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards, Julian

Awesome .

One our Team will pick this up and get some info off you to raise :slight_smile:

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Thanks Mohammed - the email has been sent:

Hello!  I’ve been advised by Mohammed to contact you about a problem I’m experiencing with my phone as discussed in the forum:

https://community.idmobile.co.uk/coverage-24/phone-not-receiving-otps-31478#post44383

Any assistance you can provide will be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards, Julian

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

No problem, thanks again for checking anyway.

Can you please email us on and include a link to this community topic so we can locate the conversation.

We’ll then escalate for you Julian!

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Thanks Hohammed - much appreciated but my phone is a Doro 6520 which doesn’t have a spam box and blocked numbers in contacts/messaging as far as I can see (only the option to block all calls and international calls).  As I say, everything is working fine with receiving phone calls and texts, just the otps from the Banks.  Perhaps the TechTeam can throw some light on the problem!  Cheers, Julian

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @juliandee,

Doing some reading online, some people have found that checking your SPAM/Blocked numbers in your contacts/messaging and removing numbers from here fixed the issue.

It may be worth trying to remove any numbers in here to see if this helps?

Let us know how you get on, if that doesn’t work, we may need to raise this to our TechTeam to look at if there’s an issue with your number/account or if a port has affected this.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hello Mohammed - many thanks for your input!  I changed the SMSC number back to +447782000800 as advised and made sure My Number on the phone is correct as suggested by Terry.  I also reset my mobile number held by the Bank (M&S Credit Card).  Unfortunately, these measures didn’t work and when I made an online purchase by CC today no text otp was received.  Just to let you know it’s the same with online purchased made with my HSBC Credit Card (no otp) so I can only think it’s a problem with the phone or my access to the network.  Any further advice you can provide will be gratefully received.  Cheers, Julian

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
@juliandee
+447782333123 is the official ID mobile number, the one you have is for the three network! ID mobile runs on the three network however you should use the official number.

...adding your mobile to the phone will greatly improve your solution solving.

Hope it works

Hello Terry,

I just thought that I’d point out that the correct SMSC number with iD Mobile is in fact +447782000800 

The number you have confirmed is our Voicemail number.

We use the same SMSC number as Three UK as I’ve reviewed this with our Technical Team to make sure.

Hope that clears things up.

Let us know how you get on Julian.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1
Thanks terrywebbs - much appreciated! Cheers, Julian
Badge +10

@juliandee

+447782000800 is the official ID mobile number, the one you have is for the three network! ID mobile runs on the three network however you should use the official number.

...adding your mobile to the phone will greatly improve your solution solving.

Hope it works

Userlevel 1
Hello terrywebbs - many thanks for your reply to my question! I should have mentioned that my mobile is a (simple) Doro 6520 so any smartphone related solutions are probably not relevant. I should also add that the otp works with my Santander bank account (eg for setting-up new standing orders) and also with the HMRC web site). I checked My Number and it was blank so I inserted the phone number as suggested. I also looked at the SMS centre number which shows as +447782000800 which is not the same as the one you mentioned, do you think I should change it? I also checked that the banks have my correct mobile number which they do so I'll reset them as you suggest and hopefully next time I try to make an online credit card payment which requires ID check I'll get the otp okay! Cheers, Julian
Badge +10

Hi Welcome to the ID community

Three things to check on your messaging app -

1) Service messages can be received. It's a tick option if you're using Google Messaging.
2) Your phone number is showing correctly in your mobile settings/about 'My Number'
on iphone goto settings/phone/My Number
3) The correct ID Mobile service centre number is displayed for messaging +447782333123
EDIT: This is incorrect, after reviewing this with our Technical Team, we can confirm the correct Centre Number is +447782000800
Generally My Number can be missing or incorrect on most mobiles this happens from time to time and will cause issues! Not every mobile uses the google messaging app so if your using a standard default message app it shouldn't need messing with unless you are using iPhone iMessages, that will need checking to make sure your current mobile number is present.

Another thing to do is check the Banks to make sure they have your current mobile number, if they do, reset it anyway, if the message fails to come thru, go to the call for verification and verify it that way. Once it's reset it should then all start working okay.

Why iD Mobile?