Question

phone wi fi connection

• 8 April 2019
  • 1 reply

last week or so phone has had problems logging in online, wife has a huawei p20pro her download speed is 350mps and her upload is 36mps on the other hand i get23mps download and11mps upload onthe same wi fi sitting 3feet apart she is on o2 by the way

1 reply

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @jim31

Are you both using the same phone to use WiFi?

Unfortunately your home WiFi speed has nothing to do with O2 or ID Mobile but with your broadband provider. There would be an issue with ID Mobile if your internet was slow using 3G or 4G signal rather than WiFi.

If you are using different phone than your wife it might be the case of hardware limitations as p20 pro may physically support higher download/upload speeds.

If you are using exactly same phone then your wife's handset may use most of the available traffic provided by your router so there is not much left for you therefore your download speed is limited. Try downloading when no other devices are connected.

Other thing is, depending what you downloading and which website/service you are using because some servers may give you limitations of speed download so one website may offer you 100mps and another only 15mps.

I hope I explained it right.

Kind Regards

Why iD Mobile?