Solved

Pitiful 4G

• 27 June 2018
  • 8 replies

No matter what the map,the coverage map by ID as well as by Three shows I have hardly any 4G or even 3G for that matter. If I complain they just refer me to the map. The map is lying. The other day I was out in a restaurant and could not use 4G to get a cab home.
It seems to me that so many companies piggybacking Three that the network just is not capable to support all of them. Just nobody warned me at the time of signing up.

Anybody out there knows a mobile company with reliable data which is not outrageously expensive?
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 2 July 2018, 14:08

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Martika,

We're disappointed to hear that you are experiencing coverage issues with your device.

You've mentioned this affects your 4G/3G. Does this also affect you making calls/texts?

Which device are you using with the SIM?

As far as I'm aware, there are only 4 major operators who piggy back off Three UK vs the other major networks. Depending on the area you're in, it shouldn't affect you too much. If there is a high volume connected to the masts, you'd see this on the coverage checker.

How long have you had these issues for?

Mohammed
Dear Mohammed, I have become aware of the problem when some weeks ago I did not have enough signal to call a minicab and without the help of one of the company with a different network I would have been stranded quite far from home. Since then I kept my eye on it and it never showed more than one bar no matter what.

My phone is an Android but I don't think it makes any difference.

I can only repeat,the map is lying or out of date or faulty or all the above. The 4G reception is miserable.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Martika,

I have PM'ed you on how we can go about getting this resolved for you.

Can you check this?

Mohammed
Not sure what you mean PM like ptimey minister?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Not sure what you mean PM like ptimey minister?

I was referring to Private Message @Martika

Mohammed
Dear Mohammed,

so far I received the same thread three times. I am still not sure what you mean by private message,I received none in my email account. The 4G/3G stayed as low as it has been.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Martika,

I was referring to Private Message here on the Community not to your personal email.

I will respond to your Private Message now.

Mohammed
so far nothing has happened 4G is just as awful as ever

Why iD Mobile?