Solved

Pixel 3 xl wifi calling and volte

Userlevel 2
The pixel 3 xl is capable of of wifi calling and volte. Typing this into the dialer *#*#4636#*#* shows its disabled on id mobile. Can you please whitelist it, I have crappy signal where I live and wifi calling is a must.
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 17 May 2019, 13:57

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @Fuzzy Dunlop,

Whilst the handset may well be capable of allowing calls via WiFi Calling/4G, it's not a handset we currently support WiFi Calling/4G calling for on our network found here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/wifi-calling
https://www.idmobile.co.uk/4g-calling

We're always working on the list of handsets we have available and we hope it's something that could be added in the future!

We will be sure to pass on your feedback to the Team!

Mohammed
Userlevel 2
Hey @Fuzzy Dunlop,

Whilst the handset may well be capable of allowing calls via WiFi Calling/4G, it's not a handset we currently support WiFi Calling/4G calling for on our network found here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/wifi-callinghttps://www.idmobile.co.uk/4g-calling
We're always working on the list of handsets we have available and we hope it's something that could be added in the future!

Mohammed

I had a razer phone 2 and wifi calling and volte worked, and that wasn't in the list of supported devices..
Is it a monetary thing, does id mobile have to pay three to have access to these features.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Fuzzy Dunlop,

Whilst the handset may well be capable of allowing calls via WiFi Calling/4G, it's not a handset we currently support WiFi Calling/4G calling for on our network found here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/wifi-callinghttps://www.idmobile.co.uk/4g-callingWe're always working on the list of handsets we have available and we hope it's something that could be added in the future!

Mohammed
I had a razer phone 2 and wifi calling and volte worked, and that wasn't in the list of supported devices..
Is it a monetary thing, does id mobile have to pay three to have access to these features.

Hey @Fuzzy Dunlop,

I've heard of users on the Community advising the same for OnePlus handsets.

If you can get it to work, that's great!
It may not work flawlessly and in times can disappear with a software update, but what I mean by my post is we don't officially support it therefore can't provide support on this.

It's not a money issue but more of a technical one. I'm not the expert here but I believe it's to do with the compatibility of the firmware.

We're constantly updating the list and adding more handsets regularly.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Is there any plans to add Google Pixels to the supported handsets for WiFi Calling? I have a Pixel 3, and like the OP, live in an area with shoddy network connection (rural). Wifi Calling will be a god send!
Userlevel 4
Badge +10
Hi there @River Bee

The list of officially supported phones for WiFi Calling is ever growing as we grow as a network. Though unfortunately we have no news on if/ when the Pixel 3 could be joining that line up we're sorry to say right now.
Userlevel 1
I too have a Pixel 3 XL which is more than capable of handling VoLTE calls as long as the network supports it. Currently I'm with another network that doesn't offer VoLTE but I work in an area with minimal (but present) 4G signal reception so I'm strongly seeking to move to this technology.

Im scratching my head wondering why the Google Pixel 3 range isn't yet supported. As it's the most Androidish of all phones and has plenty of power without complicated operating system customisations to take account of, I really don't understand why this wasn't one of the first Android phones to be supported. It should be just like the 'standardised' iPhones, that the phone which is in many ways, the Google Android standard/equivalent should be top of the list.

Sseveral people with Pixel 3 series phones have now been asking here for this feature so please can someone from ID tell us what the holdup is? Seriously, I'm sure if we had more of an understanding of what's involved from the telcos side of things then it might help us to have some empathy with them. Currently it just seems like they're unwilling to spend any money involved in reconfiguring their network. Don't you want me to join ID? Additionally, I would go with another network that offers VoLTE in this area but apparently some only support this technology on Pixel 3 phones actually sold by them - why would that be relevant and if its that there own phones have different firmware, why don't they make this change available to Google for incorporation into all the Pixel 3 series ROMs? It seems as if they may be expecting the phone maker to contribute financially otherwise what's the holdup?

Some explanation of precisely how the change is made by a network to support this technology on specific models would be much appreciated!
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @FlyingKiwi,

I have provided a response on a different topic already confirming that currently, we don't have any plans to support the Pixel 3/3A range for WiFi Calling/VoLTe.

Apologies for any incontinence this may cause.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Thanks for taking the time to at least reply Mohammed. It doesn't answer my questions about WHY and unfortunately (for ID) my money will go to other networks. I really hope that if the phone manufacturers are expected to contribute towards the cost of such network support, nothing is offered by Google as it should be up to the NETWORKS to attract us as customers without any manufacturer 'incentives'.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @FlyingKiwi,

Thank you for your feedback.

I understand that I didn't answer the question exactly but tried to answer it to the best of my ability with the information available. I can't provide the specifics that you're after and I'm really sorry about that!

Though I can fully understand it may not be the answer you were hoping for.
Mohammed
Userlevel 1
I have a Pixel 3, purchased through ID mobile, and I too am suffering from poor coverage in my area. I run a business from home and I'm constantly having to repeat myself, speak much louder than necessary and spell things out phonetically.

The lesson is not to purchase a high end phone through a cheap carrier like ID mobile!

Unfortunately for me, I am still in contract - but I will definitely be using a different SIM card/carrier until they get this enabled for the flagship Android phone, Google Pixel... And certainly would NOT recommend ID until they do so.
Userlevel 1
Guys, I wouldn't hold much hope of getting this feature on your pixel 3 (or 4 soon).
The pixel brand has been around since early 2013 and none of the Google pure Android handsets are on the compatibility list.
Userlevel 2
Guys, I wouldn't hold much hope of getting this feature on your pixel 3 (or 4 soon).
The pixel brand has been around since early 2013 and none of the Google pure Android handsets are on the compatibility list.

Pixel brand came out in 2016. Before that it was the nexus lineup. But yeah, if 3 can do wifi calling and volte on pixels so can id and anyone who runs on 3 network. I dont buy this compatibility issues, I think it's a money and laziness issue
Userlevel 1
Oops, yes. Was thinking of my old Nexus 5.

Why do ID mobile sell phones they don't support, I have a pixel 3 from them in a 2-year contract☹️

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Why do ID mobile sell phones they don't support, I have a pixel 3 from them in a 2-year contract☹️

Hello @Stivio,

The WiFi Calling is an additional feature as is the 4G calling and not one we would offer for every handset.

That said, we’re continuously working through our list of handsets and adding new ones regularly.

I can only but apologise that the handset you have isn’t currently on this list. 

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Got the Pixel 3A XL through an ID Mobile upgrade, to discover WiFi calling is not supported.

Frankly, this is disappointing and rather puzzling, considering that a variety of other phones are supported by the same network.

This is pretty basic, guys… you should get it right.  

Just signed up for an upgrade to pixel 3a on contract previously on pay monthly simm. Turns out not an upgrade at all as WiFi calling not supported by ID for this handset. This facility is essential for me living in no signal area. So now I'm lumbered with a 24 month contract on a phone I can't use from home. I have been totally happy with this company in the past but this is a totally ridiculous 😡 state of affairs. 

Hi Jimnich, 

Isn't there a 14 say cooling off period. I'm in the same boat. Signal keeps dropping so might need to return.

Why iD Mobile?