Question

Poor call quality

• 29 October 2020
  • 9 replies

Am in CA1 (Carlisle) and the last few days the call quality has been very very poor.  Alot of of interfence and the sound ‘dipping in and out’.  Its affecting work  as people are hanging up.  Have not got another sim to try in the phone.  At a loss as to what the problem is

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @duncan nash 

Could we get a full postcode for the area you’re at?

Is this your home postcode or just somewhere you’re visiting temporarily?  I ask just to see if perhaps you know if the area in question generally tends to be problem free.

Hi Kevin,

The postcode is CA1 2BS. It's the work postcode. Other persons' phones work well but they have different network providers.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @duncan nash,

I can see that there is some maintenance being carried out in that area in an effort to improve it. How long has it been the case that the signal has been an issue in that area?

Will

Hi Will, 

Its been an issue since about the 19th October - three weeks or so.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @duncan nash,

This will likely have been a temporary issue that’s being worked on. This can occur from time to time when a mast develops a fualt etc.

Can you confirm if you’re facing the issue miles away from this postcode also?

Mohammed

Mohammed,

It's actually worse about 1/2 a mile away, that is a little further into the town. Miles away it seems ok.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @duncan nash,

I can see that there was planned work on the mast on the 11th November and this was completed on 15th November; has this made any change? The coverage indoors still is being reported as limited I’m afraid.

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

It's still not good and coverage indoors is poor. Can anything be done to improve the phone signal?

Duncan

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @duncan nash?

Since the 15th, have you tried going into the network settings and then disconnecting and reconnecting manually to the network?

Sometimes re-establishing the connection after maintenance can provide a fix.

Will

Why iD Mobile?