Solved

Poor network coverage in Wivenhoe

• 29 September 2020
  • 7 replies

For the last month network signal has been poor (CO79AF). 

I tried to contact ID mobile support and its impossible. Online chat is Webbot! Totally useless!

There is no problem with my phone.

If I stick an EE sim, I get perfect calls

Please contact the engineers, and ask them what is going on in my area?

Is there a mast down or something. Just tell me whats going on, and when you expect to fix it please.

I know its difficult times, but please make an effort.

icon

Best answer by Rory 3 October 2020, 13:23

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @malcs,

Has this been everywhere you go, or is it located specifically to certain areas?

Will

Just my home location. It was working fine about 4 weeks ago. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @malcs, I can see there was some planned work carried out on your local mast on September 29th, and there’s been some congestion on the network in the aftermath of that. Have you tried restarting your phone? This should reboot the connection.

Thank you,

Rory

Thanks Rory, yes my phone has rebooted several times, but no improvement.

I think the issue is the 4G service in my local area has degraded in the last month for some reason, while 3G seems ok. If you look at Three coverage checker this shows this.

I did a test where I changed my preferred network to Id(3G), and I seem to get an improvement. (3 bars)

The problem is, I think my phone then reverts back to Id(4G) as the preferred network. (dropping back to 1 bar)

I did set my phone to Network mode WCDMA only to force it to use Id(3G) only, but its not an ideal situation, as I really want to use data over mobile as well occasionally at high speed.

To me, its seems some piece of THREE network provider equipment is not functioning correctly for the 4G service, but I’m not an engineer.

I have now logged this with ID help and support team, via a long chat session, so a formal complaint has been recorded.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @malcs, raising a ticket with the Support Team was going to be my next suggestion, so it sounds like you’re on the right tracks there. Hopefully this is all just a side-effect of the September works, and things will be back to normal fairly swiftly! 

In the meantime, have a lovely weekend :)

Thank you,

Rory

I raised it with the support team and they suggested trying a replacement SIM. I couldn't think why this would work but gave it a try. Unfortunately no difference. I'll have to stick to 3g until someone revisits 4g in my area. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Sorry to hear the new SIM didn’t score a win here @malcs 

We can only imagine it’ll get better with time though, not worse.

If it’s an area you have WiFi in that you’re at with the CO79AF postcode, then if your phone supports it it’s always worth turning WiFi calling on to see if you can get a boost of signal there if it’s general coverage that is being tempermental.

Why iD Mobile?