Question

Poor or no data

• 9 February 2020
  • 7 replies

Over the past few weeks I’ve noticed a huge drop in data connectivity speeds, when I run speed tests on my phones data connection I’m getting < 2Mb and 0.2Mb upload speeds yet coverage shows there should not be a problem, Connection will drop in and out at times also. Is this something others are reporting. I’m in the west midlands. I’m on android 9 with a onePlus 6 device.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @combitz,

Thanks for that.

This rules out an issue with the 3G masts as these speed tests are consistent with the level of speed we’d expect from 3G.

Checking the coverage again, it would seem like there is some planned work yesterday/ today at 2 of the local 4G masts on WS12 4UH

For WV1 1HT, there is some planned work expected to complete later tonight on the 4G masts so we would expect an issue here.

We can only recommend allowing some time for this work to complete and checking again later this week.

Are you on a SIM-only plan or a handset contract with us?

Mohammed

Thanks Mohamed.

These are two results from a 3g test.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @combitz,

I’ve checked both the postcodes and should have Excellent Outdoor and good Indoor coverage at both the 800MHZ and 1800 MHZ masts for 4G.

Try disabling 4G and searching the speeds again on 3G only.

Are you getting a more consistent speed test?

Mohammed

Hi

The tests above were from WS12 4UH, but I don’t think this is area related as I’ve just run a test at WV1 1HT and the result is below.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @combitz.

Do you have the full postcode(s) of the areas you are experiencing this?

We’d like to check the coverage there to understand what could be causing this.

Mohammed

No joy. Still poor connection. Updated to Android 10 and no improvement.

I ran 3 test and below are the results. This is typical of the connection stability currently via my account. If I use my local WiFi via another supplier I'm sitting at 55Mb down and 9Mb up.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @combitz,

We don’t have any widespread issues so it would be interesting to see if anyone else who lives in your area posts here to report similar occurrences.

Have you tried your SIM card in another device just to check if the speed test is displaying the same level of connection?

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?