Solved

Poor reception

Hi i used to have great reception at home (London) but for the last few days its only been 1 bar. Have others experienced the same problem?

icon

Best answer by Michelle 12 February 2021, 15:17

View original

10 replies

Yes - I have the same issue. I live in North London and used to have great coverage in my house, no issues at all. Since lockdown I have very poor coverage; barely any and am constantly missing texts and voicemails as I have no reception.

The 4G has been affected too...

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @ben212 @JB161616 

Welcome to the community 
Have you popped your postcode into our Coverage Checker: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/uk-coverage-checker 
That should keep you up to date on any ongoing or known issues in your area. If you have in fact done that and it's stating some problems were only recently fixed, then it could be that things haven't completely gone back to normal yet after any such work.
As you were receiving great reception, we should expect it won't be too long until things are all back to normal and will continue that way from there.

Have you tried the SIM in another phone? 

Thanks 

Pearl

Hi @ben212 @JB161616 

Welcome to the community 
Have you popped your postcode into our Coverage Checker: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/uk-coverage-checker 
That should keep you up to date on any ongoing or known issues in your area. If you have in fact done that and it's stating some problems were only recently fixed, then it could be that things haven't completely gone back to normal yet after any such work.
As you were receiving great reception, we should expect it won't be too long until things are all back to normal and will continue that way from there.

Have you tried the SIM in another phone? 

Thanks 

Pearl

Coverage in my area is good on the map, however I am not getting any signal and am having to depend on Wifi calling otherwise i get ‘emergency calls only’. Also in london btw.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @ReallyStressful 

Really sorry to hear this. 

I have sent you a private message with our live chat team so they can help you do some trouble shooting. 

Regards

Aklima

I have had this same problem, in Berkshire. The map says coverage is really good for my area but I too have been getting really poor reception - calls not coming through and people having to leave voice messages that are only picked up later, ‘emergency calls only’ on a frequent basis, and so on. Any advice? (I will make a new topc so that my issue is not missed).

Thanks.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @skyskysunsun 

Welcome to the iD Community.

I’ve sent you a direct message with further information.

Pearl

I’m in the same boat. Due to our poor wifi I’ve been using 4G happily for a while at home whenever I need decent internet. Today however, rather than the usual 4-5 bars, I have 1 and my 4g/3g is dropping out and lagging all over the place. Not sure what’s changed (nothing seems to have changed on my end). And the network coverage for my area is “very good” according to the coverage map...

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Sriol,

Could you please provide us with a postcode to see if there is maintenance occurring in your area?

Will

Hi, I’m in the GU15 area

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Sriol 

We’ll need your full postcode to check the local masts within your area.

Thanks

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Why iD Mobile?