Question

Poor signal in Birmingham B30 2HF

• 4 September 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I have had connection problems for the past couple of weeks, I think.  The phone shows a weak signal (1 or 2 bars) most of the time.  Yesterday I had intermittent loss of signal during a conversation, even though I moved out into the garden.  Last week I failed to either send or receive texts between my phone and my wife’s (she has no connection probelms, with Vodaphone).  The texts did arrive after I restarted the phone.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy J6.  I have had my SIM for some years.  I checked the coverage and was told it is ‘Excellent’  ;-(

Have I misssed anything?

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @RCJ, welcome to the iD Mobile community! I’ve just checked your postcode and it looks like there’s been some disruption on your local mast since 30/08. Three’s engineers are aware, so hopefully there’ll be an upturn in service soon. Please accept our apologies.

In the meantime, have you tried rebooting your phone? This can sometimes improve the connection.

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

Thanks Rory. Yes, rebooting did make a difference, but only briefly.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Sorry to hear that, @RCJ. Hopefully things pick up in your area soon. Apologies again for the inconvenience.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?