Solved

Problem with texts.

• 1 December 2018
  • 3 replies

Reception at home is problematic at best (despite what is shown on coverage map) because of this have phone which accepts/transmits call via my wifi. HOWEVER texting is equally problematic. Some texts arrive quickly, others take many hours to arrive some do not arrive at all. When sending texts sometime have to try numerous times over matter of hours till either text goes or give up. QUESTION - why cannot phones be adapted to use wifi for texts in same way as calls?
icon

Best answer by Ryan 4 December 2018, 15:49

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @frankbover,

Your SMS messages should be sent via WiFi calling. If you ever have issues with this, the best way to resolve it would be to switch WiFi calling off within your phone settings and then turn your phone off and back on again. Once up and running, switch the WiFi calling feature back on again. This sometimes kicks it back into gear.

Ryan

ID biggest joke going.  I moved house, no reception whatsoever, I am disabled pensioner solely dependent on my phone.  Went through all same rigmarole and months later still no reception.  They INSIST 4G is excellent reception where I live, maybe outdoors but not indoors And because I stupidly took a 24month contract they forcing me to keep paying or will take me to court!!!!!!! I am housebound 71 year old being told to go to carphone bloody warehouse which I cant do.  So have  wifi calling off and on when it decides to work and gave had to get landline installed and pay these ID robbers 20 quid a month for nothing, but as soon as I can get a new sim card they can get stuffed

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Kathyk,

I am sorry to hear that. 

Coverage issues are never great, especially after moving homes. We can’t be held accountable for loss of service after a home-move, however, we would still like to look into this a little further to see what can be done and so we are able to better understand the issues being faced.

Is it possible for you to reach out to us via Social Media at all?

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?