Solved

Regular loss of service

• 21 September 2020
  • 13 replies

At least once a week, i notice i can neither make nor receive calls. I either switch flight mode off/on or the phone off/on. It usually only comes to light if i am messaged over wifi to be told im out of service. What would the issue be?

icon

Best answer by Rory 3 October 2020, 12:46

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Sorry to hear this, @mothermeg. I hope you have more success with your new network.

Thank you,

Rory

I have done this a few times, just to re establish a connection. But then it goes again. It's ok, i have started a move to another network.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Have you tried performing a network reset, @mothermeg? On your phone, just go to Settings > Backup and reset > Reset network settings. Once you’ve done that, restart your phone and the best connection should be established.

Please note: this will forget any Wi-Fi networks, so you’ll need to set these up again too.

Thank you,

Rory

Indeed, but the fact that it drops with the frequency i know about is disappointing. I need a more robust service.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @mothermeg,

I don’t think other networks are able to view a log of when their customers phones drops off the network either, networks can generally just see actual usage.

Ryan

Ah, ok. Then it's probably time to move onto a more robust network. Cheers.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @mothermeg,

We wouldn’t be able to report on how often your service drops, this is only something you would be able to see by looking at your signal bars when using the phone I’m afraid.

Ryan

Can you tell how often my service drops? Would be good to know. I imagine i lose service and dont realise it.

Trying a sim for a few minutes wont help, this seems to be intermittant, but if you could answer my question, it might help.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @mothermeg,

Do you know anyone on another network that wouldn’t mind you just trying their SIM in your phone for a few minutes to see how it behaves? How long have you had the handset?

Will

I only have one sim, but it drops service in both of the phones that i have. Handsets are old but function. If i switch to flight mode, or switch off & on, the sim reactivates. Having said that, a few times i had to try & reregister which is a total pain. Can you tell when my service has dropped?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

I can’t see any issues in that area @mothermeg.

Have you tried other SIM cards in your s6 to see how they get on? How long have you had that handset?

Will

EH178UN. Sim has been in another phone and issue persists. Sim is clean with no marks. I have a samsung s6.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

We’re sorry to hear you’ve been having issues like that @mothermeg, though we’ll be happy to help as best we can here.

Could we get a full postcode from you to look into if any known issues are affecting the local mast?

Do you have any other phones you could try putting your iD Mobile SIM into for a while to see if things fair better there?

It certainly seems odd that you’d need to do something like that with your phone to get a quick boost of signal. 

Have you removed the SIM and re-inserted it at all recently?

What phone are you using with the iD Mobile SIM currently?

Why iD Mobile?