Question

Removal of signal mast?

Hi all. Not sure if this is the place to go, but struggling to find any direct help on the ID website. Where I work is quite remote, and the only mobile phone signals we get are those from Three (of which I believe ID piggybacks) and EE. These come from a signal mast almost directly outside our workplace.

Yesterday, there were engineers at the mast and by the end of the day, the mast had been removed and it appears that the engineers have packed up and left the site. We’re all a tad concerned as we use our phones as part of our jobs, and we’re currently getting zero signal (emergency calls only).

Is there anywhere I can check to see what’s happening with this, or if we're going to get our signal back any time soon? Is a mast removal a permanent thing?

If I check the signal/works checker on EE's website for our location, it does acknowledge that some work was done yesterday, but that the work should now be complete and everything working fine. I can't find a similar facility to use on either ID website or Three.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would be appreciative.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @abooth202,

A very unique one, but I appreciate the additional information as this should help us look into this further.

It’s possible that the mast is being replaced if the previous one had deteriorated.

Happy to see if we can obtain any additional information on this.

Please can you confirm your full postcode of the work area so we can see if our internal service checker (shared with Three UK) provides any information on this.

Mohammed

Hello @abooth202,

A very unique one, but I appreciate the additional information as this should help us look into this further.

It’s possible that the mast is being replaced if the previous one had deteriorated.

Happy to see if we can obtain any additional information on this.

Please can you confirm your full postcode of the work area so we can see if our internal service checker (shared with Three UK) provides any information on this.

Mohammed

Hi Mohammed, thanks for replying. 

The postcode is PR8 2PZ. Its basically just one road so I imagine the mast would be the same postcode also. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @abooth202 

There’s 2 mast showing by the Java Coffee lounge right next to the roundabout. 

both looks like it’s currently down and this is being looked into.

(One is a 3G mast and the other a 4G one).

Then there’s a 4G mast by Clifton Park along the A5320.

This one had some planned work on the 14th but should otherwise be okay.

Are any of these the ones you’re referring to?

What happens when you run a manual network search, which networks show up?

Mohammed

Hello @abooth202 

There’s 2 mast showing by the Java Coffee lounge right next to the roundabout. 

both looks like it’s currently down and this is being looked into.

(One is a 3G mast and the other a 4G one).

Then there’s a 4G mast by Clifton Park along the A5320.

This one had some planned work on the 14th but should otherwise be okay.

Are any of these the ones you’re referring to?

What happens when you run a manual network search, which networks show up?

Mohammed

Hi, 

It's the ones near the java coffee lounge, presumably they're being shown as down because as of today, they haven't been put back since being taken down a couple of weeks back. 

So is there any news on whether we will get signal back from these masts? 

Thanks for looking. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @abooth202 

We’ll send you a private message here now in order to get some further details from you.  Then we can raise a Trouble Ticket on this and chase Three for updates on this for you.

Do any networks show up when you search for a network manually by the way?

Why iD Mobile?