Rubbish signal

• 21 August 2019
  • 9 replies

Hi there,

I've been with ID for a few months now with a Huawei P20 Mate Pro and I'm becoming incredibly frustrated with how atrocious the signal is. I currently have 4 bars and WiFi calling enabled however every time I make a phone call I struggle to have even the smallest of conversations without the signal dropping meaning I can't hear the other person or they can't hear me. I pay over £30 a month for this contract and I really do feel that this level of service is rubbish! I can't fault anything else I truly love the phone and the package that I have but that's all tarnished by the fact that I can't make a phone call!

I've checked the coverage and it's "excellent" for 4G and have also noted that there are quite a few other people who are having the same signalling issues. Is there anything I can do to boost my signal or at least make it better so I can phone people?

Thank you in advance

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10
First and foremost, we are sincerely sorry to hear of the frustrations you've been having with us there @Rinaroo93

Would you be able to test another SIM card in your phone at all to see if that fairs any better? You see it could potentially be a fault with the phone itself, and if that's the case we'd need to get it sent for repair (via any local Carphone Warehouse store) if it was purchased through ourselves originally.
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the speedy reply!

I've tried another sim card and the signal is fine on it so I do think it's the ID sim or an ID issue.

Rina
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Thanks for looking at this so quick, do you have the same problem all over or just in some locations?
-Phil
It seems to be all over :(

Rina
I'm still having serious issues with this - can someone please advise as to who I can call to get this issue resolved as its becoming very tedious paying £30+ a month for a phone that I can't call from
Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Are you able to test your ID SIM in any other phone? We can arrange for a replacement SIM if necessary if it doesn't work in a different phone either.

Do you get any signal or connection most of the time?

Phil

HI Phil,

I tried it in another phone before making my post and it was no better 😞

I get signal bars (usually around 3 or 4 out of 5) but when I'm on the phone to people it keeps breaking up and then cutting off the call.

What details will you need me to contact with? It's the first time I will have contacted the support team.

Rina

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @Rinaroo93

Thank you for checking this, we'll just need to verify your name, address, postcode and email along with your mobile number.
Please don't post any personal information directly here in the community !

You can call us on 0333 003 7777

Phil

No problem, I'll send it across ASAP

Why iD Mobile?