Solved

service does not allow access to this number

• 10 August 2020
  • 60 replies

Userlevel 1

My phone keeps cutting off, stating the above error message. It happens at various stages throughout a call and to differenttypes of numbers. 

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 10 September 2020, 15:08

View original

60 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Buster2588,

Sorry to hear that.

Have you just joined the network or have you been with us for some time and only recently faced this issue?

Please try fully powering down your handset and let us know if this makes a difference?

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi

Ive been with ID since February. It’s happened again today whilst in the middle of an important work call. Is this issue able to be resolved or do I need to move to another network? Why should I need to power down my device? I’ve never had to do this with any other provider I’ve had?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Buster2588,

Restarting your device also restarts operating system processes that may be causing this failure. It can also lead to the phone obtaining a fresh connection to the network again. 

Ryan

Userlevel 2

Hi @Buster2588,

Restarting your device also restarts operating system processes that may be causing this failure. It can also lead to the phone obtaining a fresh connection to the network again. 

Ryan

Hi Ryan 

This happens to me regularly too (as we have previously discussed) and I can categorically and emphatically assure you, that powering down makes not one jot of difference.

Lisa

Userlevel 1

Hi @Buster2588,

Ryan

I’ve done this and the call has still been cut off!

Extremely embarrassing when you’re on a conference call for work!

If ID are unable to resolve this issue then why don’t they just state that rather than providing useless suggestions?

You have multiple customers with the same problem...well one less after today

Userlevel 1

While on calls .. get automated message ..  Sorry don't have access to this number … then get cut off .. sometimes cannot make calls .. because of this same automated message .. then can’t get connected. 

What’s going on, this needs to be sorted ASAP .. 

been with iD  since Feb 2020 … 

Thank you … 

Rob .. 

I would like to add my voice to the same issue. Started since Tuesday. And yes very difficult to work from home because the failure is random.

I will just answer the standard holding questions to get them out of the way.

I have been with ID for over 5 years. NEVER had the problem before.

I have tried shutting down and restarting - no affect.

For me it only seems to happen for a 0800 number. But this might be just because it the number I use all day long for work.

It is strange because these are the scenarios

• i can connect the call and it runs fine
  • i can connect the call and then during the call i get the message and it cuts off
  • i cannot connect the call and then a couple of retries it works

Seems there is another Question with more customers with the same problem. https://community.idmobile.co.uk/topic/show?tid=35669&fid=24

Does ID Mobile actually understand what the error is and where it occurs in the network? Restarting the phone is futile if the problem is the SIM or in the network. The error sounds like a security issue or service setup like being setup to not be allowed to use international numbers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @mandeepd, 0800 numbers are free to call so I don’t think this is linked to anything like international numbers etc.

Can you confirm what your levels of coverage are like at the time of the issue occurring? full bars/1 bar etc?

Hi @Buster2588,

Ryan

If ID are unable to resolve this issue then why don’t they just state that rather than providing useless suggestions?

We ask the questions for troubleshooting so we can get to the bottom of the issues.

How long are you on the call(s) for when they cut off?

I believe that there is a 1-2 (I can’t recall the exact) hour limit if I’m correct where the call will drop to prevent accidentally leaving your phone connected to the network.

Mohammed

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

While on calls .. get automated message ..  Sorry don't have access to this number … then get cut off .. sometimes cannot make calls .. because of this same automated message .. then can’t get connected. 

What’s going on, this needs to be sorted ASAP .. 

been with iD  since Feb 2020 … 

Thank you … 

Rob .. 

I have merged your topic with this above, could you have a look at some of the troubleshooting discussed so we can look into this further.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hello @mandeepd, 0800 numbers are free to call so I don’t think this is linked to anything like international numbers etc.

Can you confirm what your levels of coverage are like at the time of the issue occurring? full bars/1 bar etc?

Hi @Buster2588,

Ryan

We ask the questions for troubleshooting so we can get to the bottom of the issues.

How long are you on the call(s) for when they cut off?

I believe that there is a 1-2 (I can’t recall the exact) hour limit if I’m correct where the call will drop to prevent accidentally leaving your phone connected to the network.

Mohammed

I have just been cut off after 30 minutes. And now I can’t ring out.

This service is utterly ridiculous!

On a separate note, I have been on calls longer than 2 hours before, so how you can state that it’ll cut off is also not correct.

Further to this, if I chose to stay on for 3 hours I should not be cut off...how can you put a time limit on how long people can use their phone for? If it was 12 hours I could understand...but 1-2 hours seems ridiculously low, especially in times like this were people are relying on their phones to continue working!

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Buster2588 

We’ll send you a private message here now so that we can locate your account and find out more from our Tech Team about the number(s) in question that these call disruptions are happening with.

[edit]

I see we’ve already reached out today to help look into this further.  If you came in touch with us there with our follow up questions, we’ll look into this further on your iD Mobile account.

Userlevel 1

Hi there @Buster2588 

We’ll send you a private message here now so that we can locate your account and find out more from our Tech Team about the number(s) in question that these call disruptions are happening with.

[edit]

I see we’ve already reached out today to help look into this further.  If you came in touch with us there with our follow up questions, we’ll look into this further on your iD Mobile account.

This has just happened again, half an hour in to an important phone call. ID are an absolute joke, you obviously don’t know how to fix this error

The SIM card I ordered from an alternative provider has arrived today. I’ll be switching over. I’d advise everybody else on this forum to do the same!

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Buster2588, not all issues can be immediately fixed, and this appears to be one of them. We’re sorry you’re leaving us, but we will continue to work on a fix for those who aren’t.

Will

Userlevel 1

Hi @Buster2588, not all issues can be immediately fixed, and this appears to be one of them. We’re sorry you’re leaving us, but we will continue to work on a fix for those who aren’t.

Will

I hope none of them are holding their breath

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Thanks again for your feedback @Buster2588.

Please let us know if you need anything else.

Will

Userlevel 2

Same problem started on Thursday for me. Calls cut with that voice message while on calls to an EE mobile and also to a 3 mobile number. Could it be handset related? I'm using a Huawei P30 pro new edition.

Really need this fault fixing fast.

Userlevel 1

Hi I joined ID only 2 weeks ago and have been experiencing this same problem on an iPhone X. WiFi calls turned off and have tried the switch phone on and off. Happened on a call to a mobile numberafter 25 mins and to a 0800 number after 8 mins. Please advise? Thanks

Userlevel 1

Same problem started on Thursday for me. Calls cut with that voice message while on calls to an EE mobile and also to a 3 mobile number. Could it be handset related? I'm using a Huawei P30 pro new edition.

Really need this fault fixing fast.

Hi Andy, I’m using an iPhone X and having same problem so not handset related. Thanks for ruling this out.

@Will please may you add me to the list of people suffering with this problem.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Dkh001,

I’ll drop you a Private Message now so we can log this for you.

Will

Will

i am also having this same problem, both with 0800 numbers and local numbers. Please add me to your list.

Userlevel 1

Same issue for me as well this morning. Two minutes into an important call, an automated voice comes on saying ‘You don not have access to this number’.

Number in question was a standard UK landline.

This appears like a network fault rather than a device fault as a range of different handsets seem to be having the same issue.

Please can it be looked into as a matter of urgency as I will have to think of leaving ID if this cannot be resolved?

Many thanks.

Same problem for me 3 times this morning.

2 x 0345 numbers

1 x 01 number

OnePlus 6

OxygenOS 10.3.5

Android 10

WiFi calling & VoLTE enabled (if relevant)

Userlevel 1

Both my wife & I have had this problem staring last Saturday (15 Aug 2020). We have been with ID for several years and while we both have iPhones they are different models. It has happened to me twice - cutting me off after I have been in conversation with somebody for several minutes.  Once was to a mobile & then today to a standard UK landline.

THIS PROBLEM NEEDS RESOLVING - & FAST!!

Why iD Mobile?