Solved

Service Not Available

• 21 October 2020
  • 10 replies

Since yesterday morning, I have been unable to get a connection. There is an on-screen message “Emergency Calls Only”. Live chat on the ID Mobile website is not available. I don’t think it’s a problem with my SIM as, if I switch the ‘phone to 3G/2G preferred, I can see the Vodafone 3G network. Does anyone know what’s going on?

icon

Best answer by JustJ0hn 24 October 2020, 13:08

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Emergency call only suggest no network coverage. 

Restart mobile, insert sim in sim 1.  Insert sim to other mobile. Will it get network their.

Thanks for that.  I’d already tried removing and replacing the SIM to no effect. However, putting the SIM into another mobile - which couldn’t use it because that ‘phone is locked to Vodafone - and re-inserting it in mine got the connection back.  Who knows what was going on???

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @JustJ0hn

Could we get a full postcode for the area you’re having trouble?

What phone are you using with the iD Mobile SIM?

Were all things working fine until recently?

It’s RG25 3DZ.  Turns out the problem was really down to the 3 network being upgraded.  Unfortunately, the Id website didn’t have a reference to the outage.  All OK now.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @JustJ0hn,

Thank you for the update and we apologise for the issues caused by that.

Ryan

My phone has been upgraded and I’ve transferred the original sim and I have no service at all, can you tell me how to get service I’ve turned off and back on I’ve taken sim out and replaced.. not sure what else to do.., only WiFi from my home.

If you still have the original ‘phone, it’d be worth checking the sim still works in that one - just in case it’s somehow got damaged in the transfer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

My phone has been upgraded and I’ve transferred the original sim and I have no service at all, can you tell me how to get service I’ve turned off and back on I’ve taken sim out and replaced.. not sure what else to do.., only WiFi from my home.

Hello @Orangehorizon 

This would also be my suggestion:

If you still have the original ‘phone, it’d be worth checking the sim still works in that one - just in case it’s somehow got damaged in the transfer.

Try the SIM in the old phone.

Try also the old SIM just incase this is still active.

Let us know how you get on.

Mohammed

I am not gettting any service on my mobile, what i don understand i can send messages but cannot do calls, plz help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @SairaIshtiaq,

Are you still having issues here?

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?