Solved

SIM card not inserted error

• 13 October 2020
  • 9 replies

Hello

I need a new sim card sent to me as soon as possible. I am sometimes able to receive incoming calls but can't make outgoing calls at all. Error message I get is "Sim card not inserted.....etc" 

I have tried all of the advice listed in ID community topics, including:

Reboot the phone

Turn the phone off and back on

Airplane mode

Confirmed APN settings

Reset mobile network manually

Cleared cached data

Did a restore to factory settings

Tried the sim card in husband's phone and same problem

Please help!

icon

Best answer by Will 23 October 2020, 19:19

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Hello:

I have been using my Samsung Galaxy A40 phone with an ID mobile SIM card for a while now.

In the last 3 weeks, have intermittently been getting the message: “ No SIM card inserted Your device is unable to make calls or connect to mobile networks”.

This happens randomly throughout the day, sometimes I can make/receive calls and send/receive texts, other times not.

I have tried all of the suggestions online, re booting, cold booting, Airplane Mode, manually search for Mobile Networks, cleaned SIM card, moved to SIM card 2 slot instead of SIM card 1 slot, even changed APN settings (but admit not sure if APN settings I have are correct.

Can someone help me, please?

MERGED

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @cat514 

Would you potentially be able to put your SIM in another phone for a short while to see if this same problem happens there?

Or could you try another SIM in your phone to see if you have similar problems?

It sounds like it could potentially be a fault with your phone if it’s stating you have no SIM card inserted.  

MERGED

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @cat514,

Thanks for testing all of those.

We can certainly issue a replacement SIM as you’ve tried all of the remedies we would have suggested.

Just before we do this, can you please take out the SIM card and try cleaning the gold contact found on the SIM?

This can often be what causes the issue also.

Failing that, we’ll send a replacement SIM out to you.

I’ll PM you either way but please try cleaning the SIM and reply via PM if this fixed the issue.

Mohammed

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

EDIT: We’ve merged the 2 topics together.

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I have the same SIM card error and have followed all the advice but with no luck.
I can’t find how to request a new SIM on the app or the website so please can you help me with that?

Thanks

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I have the same SIM card error and have followed all the advice but with no luck.
I can’t find how to request a new SIM on the app or the website so please can you help me with that?

Thanks

Since taking out and cleaning the gold contact on the card this message is now showing every half-hour! I can’t get hold of anyone on the online chat and I’m finding the website very user-unfriendly in terms of being able to find help or solutions to problems.
Please can you help me

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Claireie,

We’ll send you a Private message now so we can take some details and get you a new SIM card sent out.

Will

Userlevel 1

All sorted now, cheers!

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Claireie,

That’s great to hear!

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?