Solved

SIM card not working

I upgraded to sim only when contracted expired on 18 July I have no signal not able to make calls or texts.  I am unable to access I’d account due to code being sent to phone which I can not access. There is no contact number to speak to anyone totally frustrated with this company now.

icon

Best answer by Kennyash 28 October 2020, 15:04

View original

22 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Patsy p,

We’re sorry to hear about this! When you made your order, did you receive a new SIM card in the post? If so, this will need to be used moving forward.

If not, please let us know and we can check this out further. You can also speak to our Live Chat Team here for further assistance.

Ryan

Hi ryan

i did receive a new SIM card but it is not working , there is no signal I can’t text or call anyone. The new SIM card does not work. I can’t access my account as the code must be sent to old card.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Patsy p,

Thanks for getting back in touch. We will arrange for our Support Team to PM you now to offer further assistance with getting this sorted.

Ryan

i received today my sim card inserted in my unlocked phone and not working.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Have you activated it yet @Alextancos?

Will

i inserted it in my device but its not working.Its telling me not registred on network,my device is unlocked.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Alextancos,

But have you activated the SIM Card?

SIM cards following an upgrade or a replacement SIM need to be activated on https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/your-sim-card

Mohammed

the sim was already activated,but it just not working

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Alextancos, so you’re saying that at some point, the SIM has worked, and now it’s stopped working?

It’s just that your first post made it sound as though it was new, and had never been working.

Will

no it was never working.Idont know what else i should dowith it i trying everything and still nothing,

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Thanks @Alextancos, can I ask how you know the SIM was already activated if it’s never worked?

Will

I've had my sim for almost 1yr and it has worked fine until recently its coming up and saying no sim card insert sim this happens often through out the day and I can make calls etc, any advice would be appreciated thanks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I've had my sim for almost 1yr and it has worked fine until recently its coming up and saying no sim card insert sim this happens often through out the day and I can make calls etc, any advice would be appreciated thanks. 

Hello @Lmcm,

Try taking out the SIM card and cleaning the contacts on this and re-insert this.

Let us know if this helps?

It may just be some dirt that’s causing this error.

If the issuse persists, we can look at sending out a replacement SIM to see if this fixes the issue.

Failing that, it would be a handset fault.

Mohammed

I've received a new SIM card, I've place it to my phone and is not working, no network available. The device is unlocked and works fine with any other card. Also I've never received the welcome email and I don't know the phone number of this SIM. Any help?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @dgiatros,

To activate your New SIM card, please click here and follow the instructions.

If you need further assistance, please do let us know.

Will

Hi I'm having this issue too sim came in mail but tried 2 phones and still not working

The sim simply says no sim card in both phones

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Kennyash,

The SIM card may need activating in that case before we look at a replacement one. Please can you follow the information found on this post to activate it?

Ryan

all is working fine now. the sim card you originally sent was bad. then when the new one came through I needed to go on live chat to activate it with a rep all is working fine now though in my umidigi F2

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Lovely stuff, so glad to hear this, @Kennyash! Hope you’re enjoying life with iD Mobile :)

Thank you,

Rory

Hi

i have activated my new SIM several times without success

we have 4G coverage in the area and the handset is approved since i previously had an ID SIm for this phone

please help as i am paying for a service I cannot access

thanks 

Stuart 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Bowers266, could you please check with the Live Chat team so they can confirm the SIM that’s active on your account?

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Once you land on the page above, scroll down to see the Live Chat section. 

The Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting, until an agent is available, so please be patient.

Once the agent is available the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?