Solved

Sim card not working following replacement (lost/stolen)

• 7 September 2020
  • 6 replies

Hello,

I lost my phone last week and so ordered an upgrade that arrived last week. The new sim that came with it does not work even though I have activated it through the ID mobile app. I have tried all the tricks that your website has suggested but nothing has worked. I have even gone into a carphone warehouse store to see if they could help, as the phone was provided by them, but they said I need to chat to ID and there was nothing they could do to help.

Really frustrating that you have no phone support as it’s been a week now of me not being able to use my phone and trying to figure it out.

I think I must have a faulty SIM card, so would really appreciate a new one sent to me or if you have any other ideas of what the issue could be that would be great.

thanks,

Matt

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 9 September 2020, 10:52

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Mattwhooks,

Can I just confirm, did you by any chance report this as lost/stolen to us either via our Customer Services or our automated line?

I believe a suspension may be placed on the account which is why it’s not working.

I’ll PM you now so we can check this and remove if it’s the case. This should fix the issue.

Mohammed

Hi there, 

Thanks for getting touch. I have replied to your PM with further details.

Matt

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

No problem @Mattwhooks,

We’ll try to respond as soon as possible

Mohammed

I'm in the same situation as Matt, could someone help me out please?

Thanks,

Toby

Hey Toby,

I ended up going on the Live Chat and someone was able to help. Hopefully that helps you too.

Matt

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @tobyw 

Have you spoken to anyone to resolve your own situation?  If not, please let us know by reply here and we’ll have someone contact via Private Message if need be to get this sorted.

Thanks.

Why iD Mobile?