Question

SIM not working from few days

Hi, 

I have had an iD mobile SIM from about one year and a half and it has always worked well until few days ago when it stopped working. I have extracted it from my phone and cleaned it, I have also turned off my phone for few minutes and turned it on. As I have a dual SIM phone I have also tried to change the place of the SIM. None of those things has worked as my SIM is not working, it seems like it’s not active. Can you please help me? Thanks. 

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @FDF 

Are you ensuring your phone is connected to “WIND” whilst you’re over there?  Or do no networks show to you as possible to select?

We’re sending you a private message now so that we can take a look at your account and check into this further.

Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

Hi Mohammed, 

I have Turned roaming on both the Id account settings and on the handset but It still does not work. Can you check if the SIM is Active please?

Thanks,

Fiorella

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @FDF

Have you got Roaming turned on in the iD app/account settings?

You’ll need to make sure this is turned on in order to use services abroad.

As well as turning on Roaming in the handset.

Mohammed

Hi, It was in June and It stopped working few weeks later. It was working normally before I went to Italy. 

I would prefer to keep the SIM working as I have paid each month even in the last months where It was not working. Can you please check what is the issue with my SIM and resolve It? Thanks.

Fiorella

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @FDF 

When was it you last used the iD SIM in the UK?  Did it work ok then?

We don’t have a way to freeze accounts temporarily, if that’s what you mean by deactivate?

Though if you’re just looking to cancel/ disconnect things then let us know here and we’ll send you a private message to assist with that.

Hi @Rory,

I am not in UK right now. I am in italy. Could this be the cause for the issue? 

Can you please let me know how I can deactivate my ID Sim? 

Thanks, 

Fiorella

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @FDF, sorry to hear about the issues with your signal. Could you please confirm your postcode so I can check for any service disruption in your area?

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?