Solved

Singal quality is poor despite saying 4G indoors and out

• 26 April 2020
  • 6 replies

Since having the mobile I have had barely any signal at home despite when signing up with them it said 4G is available indoors and out, I struggle to even get a 3G signal in the house it is so poor, the only advice I have been given is to “turn roaming off etc” which frankly is poor. The only way it seems to get out of this pickle is to pay off the contract which is unfair after setting up a contract under a lie.

Does anyone know of a way to boost signal for ID mobile until I can at least pay out my contract, this network and it’s services have been pretty appalling from the start, I never plan on using them again

icon

Best answer by terrywebbs 26 April 2020, 17:28

View original

6 replies

Badge +10

@jaynepemberton

Very frustrating situation to be in, I have similar issues myself in one property:

The location and characteristics of a property can affect mobile signal indoors. Thick walls, metal window frames, ceilings, pillars, or basement rooms can all impair coverage. Signal may also be blocked if the property is in the ‘shadow’ of a hill or large building. 

ID Mobile offers a way to make calls using a wifi connection. This can be a good solution if your home has poor mobile coverage but a good wifi connection. You can do this using ‘wifi calling’, however, not all mobile phones are compatible with wifi calling. 

Under consumer contract regulations you may have the right to cancel your contract without charge within the first 14 calendar days of signing up. Some operators provide additional guarantees beyond the first 14 days. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @jaynepemberton 

Welcome to the iD Community.

I’ve sent you a direct message with further information.

Pearl

Hi. I have poor 4g signal. I have placed the SIM in two other devices and issues is the same. The other devices normally uses EE and Lebara SIM. 4 g coverage in my area shows it's very strong Indors and outdoors.

Device I'm using is a Hauvei 4g Router.

Other sim cards works well with almost full signal. Yours is only 1 dot out of 5. Which leaves me with a very slow data transfer.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Przrmek,

Has this always been the case, or has the signal quality dropped recently? Have you got a postcode for the area so we can run a check for you?

Will

Just been on the chat with tech support.

Hopefully new SIM will sort it.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Excellent stuff @Przrmek. Please do let us know how you get on or if you require any further assistance once that new SIM arrives.

Please see below for SIM activation instructions:

https://community.idmobile.co.uk/getting-started-20/activating-your-new-sim-29848

Take care.

Will

Why iD Mobile?