Solved

SMS/Calls to Band 1 roaming countries

• 30 June 2018
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
As I understand it, while roaming in a Band 1 destination, I'm able to use all of my normal iD Mobile minutes, texts and data -- including calls and SMS messages to international numbers if they are also Band 1.

This is great, however I'm wondering about the wording; does this mean that while I'm in the UK I'll be able to call/text to Band 1 countries as part of my mobile plan, or is this functionality only available while roaming outside of the UK in a Band 1 country?
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 2 July 2018, 15:07

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @jg753124,

Welcome to the iD Community!

Taken from our website:
When you're in one of our 50 Inclusive roaming destinations (Band 1 or Band 2), you can use your minutes to call the UK or the same destination you're in.

You're only able to make inclusive calls/texts from Band 1 to Band 1 destinations.

Using your phone in the UK isn't considered as roaming or listed as a Band 1/2 country.

This means any calls/texts to Band 1/2 destinations when in the UK are considered International.

This carries a charge that can vary per country, but we have a great tool to help you find out what this would cost.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
HI @Mohammed

Thanks for your response, and the clarification. I understand now.

It might be worth noting that my confusion was partly caused by this thread:
https://community.idmobile.co.uk/coverage-international-roaming-24/how-to-prepare-your-phone-for-a-trip-abroad-182

Specifically the following text, which is perhaps not clear enough because it lists the UK:

Inclusive Roaming covers these 50 destinations: Austria, Azerbaijan, Azores, Belarus, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canary Islands, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, French Guiana, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guadeloupe, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Jersey, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Madeira, Malta, Martinique, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Réunion, Romania, Saint-Barthélemy, Saint-Martin, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, Vatican City.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I can understand how this has happened now @jg753124,

I've edited that topic and reworded how UK is listed.

Have a look and let me know if It's better now?

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Yes, that's much better 👍
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Awesome @jg753124,

Give us a shout if you need anything further! 😃

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?