Solved

SMS not received from online portal

• 31 July 2020
  • 5 replies

I need to receive a code by SMS (from Germany) in order to log in to a company portal. This initially worked fine. However, in the past few weeks the SMS has been delayed by several days or does not arrive at all. The company insists that the code is being sent from their end.

The number sending the code is +49 160 97435806. I have an iPhone XS.

Texts from all other numbers (including German numbers) are coming through fine. I have plenty of capped allowance left. I’ve also tried my SIM in a different phone, with no success.

There seem to be a few other similar issues in the forum to do with company portals, but no solutions mentioned. For example: 

https://community.idmobile.co.uk/coverage-24/push-texts-push-sms-not-working-33355

https://community.idmobile.co.uk/coverage-24/vpn-code-via-sms-message-33347

icon

Best answer by Will 4 August 2020, 12:05

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Mikkydean, how many times previously were you able to do this successfully, and when exactly did the problem begin? What was the other phone you tried the SIM card in?

Will

Hi. I started working in the online portal in June. Everything was fine for 2-3 weeks. I was able to log on successfully multiple times. The problems began at the end of June.

What I have noticed is that the texts are always delayed during the week. Then, suddenly a backlog will appear at the weekend and I am able to log in again. The same thing happened this week. A backlog of texts arrived on Sunday morning all at once. I was then able to log in and receive the code fine. However, this morning (Monday), I’m not receiving the text again.

The other phone I tried was an iPhone 4S.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Are you in the same location at weekends as you are during the week @Mikkydean ? Do you know anyone else you work with having similar issues?

Will

Yes, I work from home - so I’m in the same location every time. 

The other people I work with on this project are located in various European countries. They are all able to receive the messages without problems. The last few times the texts haven’t been sent, I have contacted the project manager in Germany. When he enters his logon details, the text is sent to his phone immediately. The same is true for other team members in Italy, France and Hungary.

The company has double-checked all my details in their system. According to their internal logging, the texts are being sent out as usual.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Sounds’s like we’ll need to log this with our Tech Team @Mikkydean.

I’ll Private Message you now for more details.

Will

Why iD Mobile?