Solved

Terrible Signal and Extremely Slow 4G

• 23 November 2019
  • 1 reply

I’ve just joined ID, from EE (who I never had any issues with),  as they had a good deal on the iPhone 11.

I have been using my phone for 2 weeks now, but the signal and 4G is unbelievably terrible, my phone pretty much doesn’t work unless I’m on WIFI. 

I live in central London, not somewhere remote and the “coverage tracker” that I based my purchase decision on shows great signal, which was clearly a lie.

My phone often shows that I have 4 bars of signal, yet if I try to ring someone it is terrible, often disconnecting. 

WIFI calling is terrible and usually just goes silent for 10+ seconds very frequently. 

4G is non existent, try to load a 3 minute YouTube video anywhere in central London is going to take, at least a minute, and even then it will be 360p max. 

Couldn’t be more disappointed with my experience so far, the deal I was offered was obviously too good to be true. 

I would like to know what my options are to 1. improve my signal and 4G usage OR 2, receive a full refund and contract cancellation.

Thanks,

James

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 25 November 2019, 15:33

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello James,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having issues with your coverage and are unhappy with the levels of signal you’re receiving.

We would not offer a full refund if the service has been used.

We’re happy to look into a return for you though and getting one processed.

We offer a 30-day change of mind policy on contracts bought from iD Mobile and 14-days if you’ve bought it from Carphone Warehouse.

If it’s a SIM-only plan and you’re outside of this period, you can still cancel at any time with 30-days notice.

If it’s a handset contract and you’re outside of the returns policy, a termination fee would be applicable.

If you could email us on

One of our Team will pick this up.

Please include a link to this topic in your email.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?