Solved

Texting not working today

• 16 January 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I have encountered a problem today regarding the inability to send and receive texts. This is important and urgent as I am awaiting a verification code to login for work. I managed to chat with an agent from Id Mobile online and they say that this problem is a technical issues and is affecting many users and they are currently unsure when it will be fixed. Has anyone else had this problem today? If so, what updates have you had from Id Mobile? Is anyone from Id Mobile reading this who can provide a progress update please?

icon

Best answer by Michelle 20 January 2021, 11:13

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 1

Me too, got my new device and phone yesterday, set up working right away however from this morning I can’t send any texta 

Userlevel 1

The same for me. Calls and signal no problem, but texts not arriving or arriving very late. I need to use a verification code which comes by text.

I spoke to a live chat agent but they didn't have anything useful except to confirm there's an issue with no estimated time for a fix. Also no status page for this.

Userlevel 1

Texting started working again at 15:56, so was not working for over 4 hours. Let’s hope that Id Mobile have properly fixed the problem so that it does not re-occur. If anyone from Id Mobile is reading this, please can you provide detail of what the issue was, what you did to fix it it, and an assurance that it won’t happen again. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello all, the issue should now be resolved. It was a small outage affecting texts relating to Three UK’s masts.

We use Three UK’s masts for coverage and we hope measures have been placed to prevent this, however, as with any UK mobile network, we can’t guarantee 100% of service 100% of the time.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Many thanks Mohammed for responding. If it was the Three UK’s masts that were at fault then how come text messaging only stopped working for some Id Mobile users, whilst others on Id Mobile could continue to use text messaging? Surely, if your explanation is correct, then all users would be affected? Did it only affect those who had transferred their numbers over from other providers?

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @maxamillions3 

As this issue was only a small outage not all users would have been impacted. 

Please do let us know if you require any further help.

Michelle 

Why iD Mobile?