Solved

texts failing to send

Userlevel 1
My daughter's phone won't send texts.
See has 5000 left;I've tried to do a manual roam to make phone reconnect to id network; turned it off and on; removed and reset Sim and tried flight mode. Oh. And I've been into a carphone warehouse. All the settings are fine and I've been on hold for ages to the help line.
Anyone got any suggestions..?
icon

Best answer by Ryan 28 June 2018, 15:16

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @bean,

Welcome to the iD Community.

That's odd. Is there any other information you can provide on this.
Is she able to make calls and use data fine?

What number is she trying to text, is it a specific number or any number at all?

What happens if she texts her own number?

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
She can make and receive calls and use data. She can receive texts but any texts to all numbers she tries to respond to do not go through. It tries to send, sits there for ages and then she gets 'failed ' . Signal is fine
Obviously she can use whatsapp to message but only if she has data. She cannot receive texts she sends to herself
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hey @bean,

Which phone is your daughter using? We may have to change the message centre number stored inside the phone to resolve this issue.

Ryan
Userlevel 1
She was on Samsung J3 until 3 months ago however she smashed the screen. I put her sim.in my old unlocked s5. It has been working fine for the past few weeks until 2 weeks ago and the texts stopped being sent.

Carphone Warehouse checked the settings and they said they are fine.

I've tried all the usual things...manual roaming, removing the sim but nothing works.
All help gratefully received. Sorry if I've repeated this reply screen froze and I wasn't sure it posted
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @bean,

Thank you for confirming that. I will outline below a few steps on how to change the message centre number inside the phone as this may help rectify the issue.

On the Samsung Galaxy S5:
  1. Open Messages
  2. Press the Menu button (usually 3 dots in the top corner)
  3. Press Settings
  4. Press Text Messages
  5. Press Message Centre
  6. Ensure that +447782000800 is displayed in the box. (Make sure the + symbol is present too)
  7. Press OK
This should now be set up. Please try the text message feature and if it doesn't work, restart the phone and attempt to send a new message again.

Please let us know how you get on.

Ryan
Userlevel 1
Ryan.
You are a genius! Fixed. Thank you sooooo much. You deserve a payrise - show this to your boss.

Cheers
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Ryan.
You are a genius! Fixed. Thank you sooooo much. You deserve a payrise - show this to your boss.

Cheers

That's great to hear @bean,

I'm pleased to hear @Ryan helped resolve this for you!

Mohammed
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Ryan.

Cheers

Hey @bean,

I'm glad to hear that this has resolved the issue for your daughter. If you need any further assistance then please get in touch. 😀

Ryan
Userlevel 1

my phone will not send a text

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @johnsturge 

Welcome to iD Community.

Please try the few steps on how to change the message center number inside the phone as this may help rectify the issue.

On the Samsung Galaxy S5:

1. Open Messages
  2. Press the Menu button (usually 3 dots in the top corner)
  3. Press Settings
  4. Press Text Messages
  5. Press Message Center
  6. Ensure that +447782000800 is displayed in the box. (Make sure the + symbol is present too)
  7. Press OK

This should now be set up. Please try the text message feature and if it doesn't work, restart the phone and attempt to send a new message again.

Please let us know how you get on.

Pearl

Why iD Mobile?