Question

the person you are calling is on another line

• 14 April 2020
  • 7 replies

Hi , my mobile works perfectly most of the the time, except some times when my parents call me (they are on Giff Gaff network) they receive an odd message that I’m on another line, and I don’t hear the phone ringing. Other people don’t have this problem. Any suggestions how to fix this ?

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @TimHeap46 

Welcome to the iD Community.

I’ve sent you a direct message with further information.

Pearl

This is happening to me how can I stop it I have removed sim and turned phone on and off does not help?

thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

This is happening to me how can I stop it I have removed sim and turned phone on and off does not help?

thanks

Hello @suehearn,

Sorry to hear that.

Is this a specific number when they call you or is it all numbers who try to call you are affected?

Mohammed

All numbers that call my mobile do not get through.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Sunpal,

Sorry to hear that.

What error are you getting?

Are other people able to call you?

How many bars of network show for your SIM?

Mohammed

No error message displayed, full bars on the mobile. Nobody is able to connect to me, they only get the “the person you are calling is on another line” message. Tried the ID sim in two different mobile same thing. I’m able to make calls from this sim

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Sunpal,

Has this service ever worked before? 

Have you just joined iD Mobile and ported your number?

Can you confirm if this is happening for every contact from different networks too or just one specific network?

We’ll need to verify if it’s EE, O2, Vodafone etc or just EE numbers for example as this can change what the issue could be.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?