Solved

VoLTE support for OnePlus 6?

Userlevel 4
Hi there,

The current supported list for 4G Calling is limited to quite a few handsets.

The OP 6 has a modem capable of the VOLTE capability but it is not provisioned by the network.

I would be very happy if you support this 😉 I cannot see any negatives to this.

Thanks,

Henri

icon

Best answer by The_Calluminati 3 December 2018, 13:05

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello Henri! @DeliriousMetro,

Welcome back to the Community!

It's great to see you've got the OnePlus 6.

I'll be sure to pass on the information to the team that deal with the VoLTE, I'm not sure how easy it would be for them to add it to this list though because we run off the Three UK's networks.

But if I hear anything on this, I'll be sure to let you know!

On the plus side, Samsung S7 and S7 edge have been added to our VoLTE supported lists.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Hello all,

I've got the 1+6t and I think I've found a work around for the wifi calling option.

Dial *#800# > oneplus Logkit > Function Switch > Then tick VoLTE switch and VoWifi Switch > Reboot.

This should bring the wifi calling options online under the SIM settings. Hope this helps!
Userlevel 1
Yeah it's worked happily on my 3, 3t, 5t and 6t. I will try and test it over Christmas on the 6 but it was just a work around
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Thanks a bunch for notifying them.

The OnePlus 6 is quite a change from my previous bezel phones and I wanted a mobile phone from the manufacturer at a mid-range price, it was perfect to be fair. My only con is the speakers are very tinny coming from a stereo front-facing speaker but with some form of software update with speaker equaliser enhancements, it could be fixed. I know the Viper eq works if it's rooted with magisk, but that's a whole another story..

I completely forgot that iD was running off Three 😄. The coverage has been great so that it hasn't mattered for me a lot. Around London, its been perfect but a bit marginal on the outskirts but these blackspots existed on the motorway where nobody is around anyway. It's been pretty stable and consistent nevertheless.

I do understand that the network runs on Three's backbone so it may not be possible as well. The phone supports band 20 (800mhz) LTE for VoLTE so if there are any compatibilities it will be with the firmware or something similar.

From what I think a special modem configuration is applied to the modem (in Sony Xperia's this existed on the vendor, modem and baseband partitions) and this determines the VoLTE configuration and Wi-Fi calling. So for this to be done, I'd think OnePlus need to reach out to you guys and do their certification stuff and apply the modem configuration in the relevant places. A bit long winded to support capable VoLTE phones tbh and this also depends on the willingness of the manufacturer to cooperate (probably the reason for such a finite list of phones).

I have lived and coped without the VoLTE functionality on my previous handsets so if it does work out then that's great. It's nice to hear that you are supported previous devices like the S7 👍.

Hey Henri,

I've PM'ed you regarding an update on this.

Mohammed
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello all,

I've got the 1+6t and I think I've found a work around for the wifi calling option.

Dial *#800# > oneplus Logkit > Function Switch > Then tick VoLTE switch and VoWifi Switch > Reboot.

This should bring the wifi calling options online under the SIM settings. Hope this helps!

Thanks for sharing that @The_Calluminati
It's not an official supported handset but great to know that this may work for some.

Mohammed
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
That's great @The_Calluminati,

I've amended the Best Answer for now so other users can test and hopefully get this working for themselves!

Mohammed
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hey @Craig456,

I'm afraid that we do not have a further update available for you at this time, sorry!

Ryan
Userlevel 4
If you guys require any specific details for the modem to be supported I will be able to provide any diagnostic information.

On the plus side the APN settings were applied automatically.
Userlevel 4
Thanks a bunch for notifying them.

The OnePlus 6 is quite a change from my previous bezel phones and I wanted a mobile phone from the manufacturer at a mid-range price, it was perfect to be fair. My only con is the speakers are very tinny coming from a stereo front-facing speaker but with some form of software update with speaker equaliser enhancements, it could be fixed. I know the Viper eq works if it's rooted with magisk, but that's a whole another story..

I completely forgot that iD was running off Three 😄. The coverage has been great so that it hasn't mattered for me a lot. Around London, its been perfect but a bit marginal on the outskirts but these blackspots existed on the motorway where nobody is around anyway. It's been pretty stable and consistent nevertheless.

I do understand that the network runs on Three's backbone so it may not be possible as well. The phone supports band 20 (800mhz) LTE for VoLTE so if there are any compatibilities it will be with the firmware or something similar.

From what I think a special modem configuration is applied to the modem (in Sony Xperia's this existed on the vendor, modem and baseband partitions) and this determines the VoLTE configuration and Wi-Fi calling. So for this to be done, I'd think OnePlus need to reach out to you guys and do their certification stuff and apply the modem configuration in the relevant places. A bit long winded to support capable VoLTE phones tbh and this also depends on the willingness of the manufacturer to cooperate (probably the reason for such a finite list of phones).

I have lived and coped without the VoLTE functionality on my previous handsets so if it does work out then that's great. It's nice to hear that you are supported previous devices like the S7 👍.
Hi, is there any further update on this, is it likely to happen in the near future?
I've just joined but didn't realise WiFi calling was phone specific! :-(
Thanks,

Why iD Mobile?