Question

weak signal RG7

Checked coverage and for RG7 postcode, it does give possible problems indoors for calls. Have now got to stage where I have to remove phone from case to make and receive calls. Even then often drop calls.

Even tried using calls over Wi Fi, no noticeable difference and I am on Virgin fibre high speed. Wife is on vodafone and does not  have same problem.

So is if 3 (I am with ID) - seems likely as they admit problems indoor for calls. Or possibly phone (samsung A71),  I will not pay for signal booster. so any other choices besides moving supplier?

Andy

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Mr. Capri 

Welcome to the iD Community.

I’ve sent you a direct message with further information.

Pearl

Userlevel 1
Badge

Checked coverage and for RG7 postcode, it does give possible problems indoors for calls. Have now got to stage where I have to remove phone from case to make and receive calls. Even then often drop calls.

Even tried using calls over Wi Fi, no noticeable difference and I am on Virgin fibre high speed. Wife is on vodafone and does not  have same problem.

So is if 3 (I am with ID) - seems likely as they admit problems indoor for calls. Or possibly phone (samsung A71),  I will not pay for signal booster. so any other choices besides moving supplier?

Andy

Nope, there's no other option but to switch provider. These issues have been going on nation wide (even though the coverage checker shows good signal, live chat apparently has access to a super secret version that shows outages) for weeks and don't look like being fixed. 

Get out while you can.

Actually spoke with 'live chat' and apparantly there is an alarm showing for my area (network problem) and they will try and rectify it.

Why iD Mobile?