Solved

What do I to stop unwanted calls?

• 6 February 2019
  • 4 replies

Someone has manged to get hold of my name and number and now I'm getting between 20-50 missed calls a day from companies saying I've requested a call back. Some of which are No Caller ID.

What can I do to stop/reduce these?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 7 February 2019, 13:30

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @phillipa.tr,

That is unfortunate to hear.

The only way to stop such calls is by blocking the numbers (where possible) or asking the company/service to remove you from the marketing lists.

Some handsets allow blocking calls in the call settings which you can look at.

You should also be able to register to the Telephone Preference Service here

It's a free service offered by TPS which centrally opts you out of receiving marketing/unsolicited calls.
Have a read about it in the "What is TPS section?"

If you're not able to block the calls, you can look at changing your number. We can arrange for this to be done and there is a one-off cost of £25.00 involved for this.

If you'd like to get a new number, email us  and we can help.

Mohammed

How can I block calls from No Caller ID? Surely there is a way through ID?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
How can I block calls from No Caller ID? Surely there is a way through ID?

Hey @phillipa.tr,

On a network level, we can't block the calls. I mentioned the blocking of calls as a very few number of handsets carry a feature that can block these types of calls. This is not possible on the majority which is why I advised checking your call settings.

There's not much more we are able to do here. It may be worth registering for the Telephone Preference Services (TPS) mentioned above.

Mohammed
Userlevel 3
Someone has manged to get hold of my name and number and now I'm getting between 20-50 missed calls a day from companies saying I've requested a call back. Some of which are No Caller ID.

What can I do to stop/reduce these?

Thanks

What phone do you use? I use an app called TrueCaller on my Android phone, which has a database of blocked numbers which is always expanding. It will automatically block calls from known spam numbers. You can add your own blacklisted numbers too for numbers Truecaller doesn't know about. It will also mark suspicious text messages as spam too. You can also search the number using google from within the app to see if it's been flagged by anyone else.

My Huawei also has a blacklist option in the dialler to block either certain numbers, numbers which aren't in your address book or hidden numbers, but such functionality is usually specific to the brand of phone sadly.

Why iD Mobile?