Solved

When am I going to get a decent signal at home like I used to??

• 13 July 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

About 8 months ago we lost our signal whilst at home.  It was on and off for a number of weeks but eventually settled down.

Just under a month ago we lost it again. After around a week I posted on here and was advised to contact live chat.  However, by the time that had been advised we got the signal back again.

Last week the signal went yet again.  I gave it some time to see if it cleared but there’s still nothing today.  I therefore contacted live chat.

What a waste of time!  Apparently  “The outage is scheduled to be completed by 17:00 pm”.  It’s not.

How much longer have I got to put up with this before the fault is fixed once and for all?

icon

Best answer by ciderboy 23 July 2020, 09:09

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1

UPDATE: Contacted live chat again and was advised to cancel my contract and move to another supplier!!

We always used to get a great signal here.  The coverage checker showswe should have a good signal both indoors and outdoors.  There’s clearly a fault - why isn’t it being fixed?

nb: I know of two other id Mobile users nearby who are having the same problem so it clearly isn’t my phone.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Have you had no service this entire time @ciderboy or did it come back at all? Are you on a 30 day rolling contract?

Will

Userlevel 1

@Will - The signal came back a day or two before you posted - full strength and working fine.

However, I’ve woken up today and it’s gone yet again.

This is just getting silly now!

To answer your questions: The signal shows as zero strength. 

The Opensignal app sometimes shows me as connected but, even when it does, I have no data available to me and cannot make/receive voice calls.

At the present time Opensignal is showing ‘No Connection’.

Yes - I am on a 30 day contract (which I had just upgraded a few weeks ago) so, thankfully, moving to a supplier that can actually provide the service I’m paying for is an option that is now looking more likely.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @ciderboy,

I’m sorry to hear that.

Coverage issues can arise from time to time and can depend on many factors.

The most common being congestion (more common in city centres) and mast outages (should a fault arise).

When a fault is picked up, it can affect the connections at the local mast and the team at Three UK will do their best to repair this as soon as possible.

I can only apologise for any issues faced during this time.

You can request a PAC code by texting PAC to 65075 and using this to port out.

Your final bill will be generated after disconnection and we’ll collect any payment due which will mark this as settled once paid.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?