Question

Why cant I respond to Paypal Text No 62226

• 19 February 2020
  • 12 replies

I received a text from Paypal last night that required a 1 for yes and 2 for no reply - I was unable to send this text as it kept failing?  I have £2.00 in my buffer account so I dont know why this wouldnt send?

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @fee27,

It may be worth reading this thread here: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Access-and-security/PayPal-text-message-from-62226/td-p/1357689# just to avoid any phishing attempts.

Can you check to make sure that the Premium messaging bar is turned OFF also and then try again?

Mohammed

Thank you @Mohammed 

This was a genuine text from Paypal, but thank you for the link.

I checked my Premium Message settings and this is set to allow me to send texts so not sure what the answer is.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @fee27,

Have you previously been able to send texts to this number before?

Or is it since joining our network you haven’t been able to send these?

Mohammed

Hi @Mohammed 

Ive had no reason to try previously, it was only because my account had been hacked that I got a text from PayPal to ask if I had authorized it and I couldnt advise them via text

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Thanks @fee27, we’ll be back in touch very soon once we hear back from our Tech Team.

Ryan

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hey there @fee27 

Our Tech Team have just got back to us to advise this should be working now.

If you get a chance to text it any time soon, could you please let us know how you get on?

Thanks and have a great day.

Not sure what has happened... But I can no longer receive calls 😢

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Fionaayer27,

Apologies for the delayed response here.

I believe there was a short outage around the 26/27th which should be resolved now. This is unrelated to the issue we were previously investigating.

We’ve heard back from the Team and you should now be able to text this Shortcode.

If you could check and let us know if the issue persists.

Mohammed

I’m experiencing the same issue as the author of this thread. I’ve received a text message from PayPal 62226 asking me to verify a transaction or it will be cancelled, but my text messages won’t go through.

ive tried turning premium calls on and turning it off. I’ve even changed my capped limit to allow extra charges.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @GNic,

I am sorry to hear this. We had confirmation that texting this number should work fully. Have you seen issues with texting other short code numbers?

Ryan

Thanks @Ryan 

I just tested it out by texting another short code number and I’ve gotten the same non delivery message...

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @GNic,

Hmm okay, can you try setting your cap to £5 and then give it another go? You might need to request another text from PayPal if possible just in case that original message has any sort of time-outs associated with it.

If this doesn't work then we’ll need to check your account to see if there is anything blocking the text from being sent as if it’s happening with other ones too then it might be an account issue. Please contact us via email  and we will investigate this right away. Please include your account details on the email and a link to this topic to speed up our triage process.

Thanks!
Ryan

Why iD Mobile?