Solved

why is id mobile internet so slow?

• 23 September 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Why is Id mobile Internet so poor in tilbury Essex? (Apparently a good area for coverage?) this is so poor that it’s not even funny it’s just plain daylight robbery, thank god for the cooling off period, worst mobile phone provider in human history

icon

Best answer by Ryan 2 October 2020, 15:19

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 1

Yeah thanks for your speedy response, speedy like your Internet services… NOT

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Idsoslow,

Sorry for the delay in responses, we’ve received a very high volume of contact and we’re working to reply to everyone as quickly as possible.

What’s the full postcode of the area this is being used in?

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Firstly I thank you for your time and my post code is RM18 7DQ and I’m not surprised for your “very high level” of calls to be quite honest with you, your service is diabolical in epic proportions, yours faithfully Lord James

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Idsoslow,

Thank you for the postcode. We can see that the nearest set of masts to that address are working fine however a few masts a little further away seem to be experiencing congestion which can cause a slow-down at times. Your phone may be connecting to those masts so would you be able to try a manual network search within the settings of the phone to hopefully force the phone to connect to a different one?

Ryan

Userlevel 1

Hi @Idsoslow,

Thank you for the postcode. We can see that the nearest set of masts to that address are working fine however a few masts a little further away seem to be experiencing congestion which can cause a slow-down at times. Your phone may be connecting to those masts so would you be able to try a manual network search within the settings of the phone to hopefully force the phone to connect to a different one?

Ryan

But should I have to?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Idsoslow, in an ideal world, no, but mobile phones and networks are complicated things. No manufacturer or network provider can ever guarantee a fault-free service, which is why we all have customer service departments for when things go wrong. 

Did you mange to try Ryan’s suggestion?

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

Hi @Idsoslow, in an ideal world, no, but mobile phones and networks are complicated things. No manufacturer or network provider can ever guarantee a fault-free service, which is why we all have customer service departments for when things go wrong. 

Did you mange to try Ryan’s suggestion?

Thank you,

Rory

well I’ve had perfect service coming from ee to iD. Going to take it back today as it’s in its cooling off period. Your fired!

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Sorry to hear this, @Idsoslow. I hope you have better luck with your new provider.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?