Sticky F.A.Q.

Wi-Fi Calling & 4G Calling

Show first post

28 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi,

Had my iD SIM for about a week now. I'm aware that Three only broadcasts VoLTE on Band 20 (800 MHz). One thing I'm noticing is that if both LTE bands are available, I'm tending get Band 3 i.e. no VoLTE. In areas with limited Band 3 but good Band 20 the phone is constantly switching between VoLTE and UMTS (I.e. 3G) I tested this on my partner's phone and the results were the same.

E.g. Currently I'm in Lancaster City Centre, on 4G but not on VoLTE. Anyone else experiencing this?

Hi,

What phones are you using?

Hi,

Had my iD SIM for about a week now. I'm aware that Three only broadcasts VoLTE on Band 20 (800 MHz). One thing I'm noticing is that if both LTE bands are available, I'm tending get Band 3 i.e. no VoLTE. In areas with limited Band 3 but good Band 20 the phone is constantly switching between VoLTE and UMTS (I.e. 3G) I tested this on my partner's phone and the results were the same.

E.g. Currently I'm in Lancaster City Centre, on 4G but not on VoLTE. Anyone else experiencing this?
Hi,

What phones are you using?

Cheap Chinese model and a Moto G4 (which doesn't support VoLTE). Irrelevant though as I know that iD is not utilising Band 20 as much as it could. Plus the Umidigi worked flawlessly on EE 2 weeks ago 😐
Userlevel 1

Are you guys working on adding older phones to the list, or is it just newer models that get included? 

I've moved to a new office at work, where we get no signal, and my poor Moto G6 can't send/receive any calls through the day (maybe this is a blessing in disguise).