Solved

Wi-Fi calling advice on LG G6

• 13 May 2019
  • 5 replies

I am having an issue with getting Wi-Fi calling on my LG G6.
I am receiving conflicting advice.
The phone was supplied by Carphone Warehouse who do not lock phones to any network.
An ID support agent has told me my phone should have Wi-Fi calling option but it's not appearing anywhere in the phone menu.
My phone was on O2 who also support Wi-Fi calling.
What is going wrong?
Can I get Wi-Fi calling on my LG G6 or not?
Please can a hero provide some definitive answer?
Thank you
icon

Best answer by Gregor 13 May 2019, 15:16

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @danno

It is very hard to give you definitive answer here. LG G6 was released in many different versions as shown below H870, LG LS993, LG H872, LG H871, LG VS988, LG US997 so of them have Wi-Fi calling enabled and some of them don't. Some of them will be compatible only with certain providers.

You could try turning in on in service menu by using this code #546368#870# but it might not work as all depends on version of phone and firmware you have got.

Kind Regards.
Thank you for your message...

Im about to try the service menu code you suggested...

For info my LG G6 is the H870

It was supplied by Carphone Warehouse Unlocked and was on an O2 pay monthly contract.
Hi @danno

It is very hard to give you definitive answer here. LG G6 was released in many different versions as shown below H870, LG LS993, LG H872, LG H871, LG VS988, LG US997 so of them have Wi-Fi calling enabled and some of them don't. Some of them will be compatible only with certain providers.

You could try turning in on in service menu by using this code #546368#870# but it might not work as all depends on version of phone and firmware you have got.

Kind Regards.

So I've used *#546368#*870#
Its possible to toggle the Wi-Fi calling to On on the UX GPRI setting plus also set some defaults for VOWIFI VOLTE menus...
Sadly... Despite toggling to ON and some other tweaks Wi-Fi calling still does not appear in my phone menu....
I've even tried using Three's In touch app to see if
it works for ID Mobile...
Sadly it does not .... I asked Three online support agent who said it does and they are aware of ID Mobile but sadly the advice is wrong....

Anyone else have any suggestions to try??
The incorrect advice from Three online support agent

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @danno,

Sorry to hear that Three UK gave you some incorrect advice here.
The app is exclusive to Three UK customers.

Our network won't support this.
Checking our WiFi Calling compatible handset list here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/wifi-calling

I can see that the LG G6 doesn't appear to be listed so there may not be any support for your handset.

There are some posts on the Community whereby some users have confirmed to have gotten WiFi Calling working by manually enabling this like @Hikari has mentioned, however, it's not a guaranteed method and could stop working with any updates.

Apologies for that.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?