Question

Wi-Fi calling not working

• 1 March 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
I have recently changed over to ID Mobile and am currently in the process of moving over my number. I am using an existing phone which I used to use on vodafone, all unlocked and working except Wi-Fi calling. It always worked when on vodafone but it is no longer working.
Is there a trick I can't find to get to work on ID Mobile? How did any of you activate it?
I have a Samsung galaxy S7 edge.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @ajflacky234

Did you purchase this phone from Vodafone? Was your phone previously locked to that network? My first thought was that it might me firmware limitation on your phone if it is running system specific to your previous provider.

I also think that you may need to update your firmware to the latest available if you haven't done it already.

Regards
Userlevel 1
Hi @Hikari,

yes i was originally locked to vodafone and was unlocked a couple of months ago ready for my contract to finish and move to ID Mobile.

how would i be able to go about updating the firmware in the phone to allow this to work on id mobile?

Thanks
Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hey @ajflacky234

Just head to Settings > Software update > Download updates manually to check if any update is available for you.

Bare in mind that this is not something that will make it work with ID Mobile but it's worth to try. Because your phone was previously locked to Vodafone and it runs on firmware modified by Vodafone WiFi Calling might be disabled for other providers.

Regards
Userlevel 1
Hi @Hikari,

ive just had a look in the settings and there isnt any options to update as i am fully up to date. how would I go about getting this enabled for ID Mobile? is this something i would have to go through vodafone to do or is it something ID Mobile are able to sort out?

Thanks
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @ajflacky234,

The only way that this might be possible would be by contacting Vodafone or Samsung so see if they can recommend a way of flashing the software (within warranty of course) to the manufacturers standard.

Hopefully @Hikari might have some further tips too.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?