Question

Wifi call not working

• 28 September 2018
  • 12 replies

I am not quite sure when my wifi calling stopped worked however, it no longer is. When I’m in an area with signal my 3g 4g or whatever works fine but in an area where I have no signal and only wifi nothing appears for the wifi calls.
I have an iphone7+ all with the correct iOS update so I’m unsure of what to do. Please advise

Thank you

12 replies

Bump
Hi I too am having an issue with wifi calling not working at all just displaying no service wifi works but not able to make or receive any wifi calls
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hey @Tyluild,

Which iOS version are you currently running? We require the phone to be updated to iOS 11.2 for the WiFi calling feature to work.

Ryan
It’s an Iphone 7 plus it most certainly is on the compatibility list and has worked in the past
I am on the latest ios which now is 12.0
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I've moved some of your posts here @Tyluild,

Please refrain from posting about the same post in multiple topics to avoid conflicting information being provided.

Have you checked to make sure WiFi Calling is enabled?

This is done in Settings > Mobile Data > WiFi Calling

Have you just joined our network recently or ported your number over to us?

Mohammed
Sorry I’ll make sure to remain just in this post.

no I’ve been with you for a year now
Wifi calling is enabled and I’ve had the same number since joining
wifi calling has worked on my phone in the past not sure as to when it may have stopped working nevertheless I have noticed in the past two weeks it has stopped working nothing has changed on my phone though it is an Iphone 7+ it is updated to the most recent settings and I have been with ID for over a year now no change of number
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Tyluild,

That's a very odd one indeed as I can't seem to find a reason why this would all of a sudden stop working on your phone.

Just 2 more things, have you tested this with other WiFI networks and have you tested your SIM in another compatible WiFI calling device?

It's okay if you aren't able to test this in another device.

We're just trying to ascertain if it's a handset issue or a network fault.

Failing this, we'll need to get this raised to our TechTeam to investigate further.

But let me know if you can to the above 2.

Mohammed
I have since tested this with other wifi’s and it works fine so maybe it is a problem with the wifi at my student accommodation. Not allowing wifi calls
Userlevel 4
Badge +10
I have since tested this with other wifi’s and it works fine so maybe it is a problem with the wifi at my student accommodation. Not allowing wifi calls

Sorry to hear that @Tyluild, one of the woes of being a student I suppose. At least we know it works on your device in the right circumstances though.

Kevin

Why iD Mobile?