Solved

Wifi Calling No Service

I’m new to Id Mobile and cannot make WiFi calls when there is no Id service (signal). It works in my living room where the is an Id signal but not in the bedroom where there isn’t. I’m using an iPhone SE on IOS 11.4. My understanding was that WiFi calling worked regardless of Id signal strength. Am I being a bit thick?
icon

Best answer by spenners 30 July 2018, 11:55

View original

26 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @spenners,

Welcome to the iD Community.

To confirm, there are 2 types of calling and I'm just trying to clarify this.

There's 4G Calling and WiFi Calling.

They both work a little differently and I've linked the pages to our website above for each of them.

Essentially, the name is as on the tin, 4G calling uses your 4G network to make calls where as WiFi calling uses WiFi.

With 4G calling, you need to be connected to the 4G network for it to work and not always available in cases where there is poorer 4G coverage.

WiFi calling on the other hand, uses just the WiFi connection to make calls.

Have a look at the above pages and let me know if you're able to confirm which one of the two you're using?

Mohammed
Hello Mohammed. I’m using WiFi Calling. My problem seems to be that it doesn’t work when there is no Id Mobile service be that 4G or otherwise. “No service” is displayed in the top left corner of the screen and WiFi calling doesn’t work even though I’m connected to my router via WiFi.
Thanks, Dave.
My WiFi Calling not working in ID mobile I don’t know what to do please help me to solve this issue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @spenners,

Thanks for clarifying that.

Are you given an error message when you try to make these calls through WiFi Calling or are you unable to enable WiFi Calling?

Any screenshots you can attach that shows this?

Mohammed
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
My WiFi Calling not working in ID mobile I don’t know what to do please help me to solve this issue.

Hello @Sanjith,

There is already an active WiFi calling topic so I've moved your post here.

Are you having the same issues as the customer who started this topic?

What phone are you using?

Have you checked our WiFi Calling page?

Mohammed
Hello, I am having a similar issue. I don't have ID mobile signal at my home but I have wi-fi and I have turned on wi-fi calling on my phone (an iphone 5s). However, despite this, whenever people try to call me at home, it doesn't ring but just goes through to voicemail in the same way it would if I had no signal.
Can you help please?
Thanks
Griff
Hi Griff, I only had your issue for a few hours whilst my number was ported. I think my problem was because the wifi signal in parts of my house was also weak. I resolved this by installing a wifi extender. No problem since. Thanks, Dave.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello, I am having a similar issue. I don't have ID mobile signal at my home but I have wi-fi and I have turned on wi-fi calling on my phone (an iphone 5s). However, despite this, whenever people try to call me at home, it doesn't ring but just goes through to voicemail in the same way it would if I had no signal.
Can you help please?
Thanks
Griff

Hey @Griff Glowen

@spenners has given a recommendation for this here.

WiFi calling depends on your WiFi signal. If this is weak in certain areas of the house, you may find a loss of connection.

Does your phone show as connected to WiFI?

A symbol is usually displayed in the corner when this has.

Mohammed
Thanks for the responses. I don't think this is the issue though, because it happens even when I am right next to the wifi router. The phone shows as connected to wifi and works fine when people use Facetime to call (which they often try if they cannot reach me with a normal phone call).
If the wifi works for Facetime, there must be some reason it isn't working for wifi call. I'd be grateful for any help. Thanks
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Griff Glowen,

You may need to try andf reset all network settings within your phone to try and establish a fresh connection.

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

This will remove the wifi password, so it will need to be entered again. Once done, make sure WiFi Callings is turned on and give it a try.

Let us know how you get on.

Ryan
Hi Ryan
I have now resert the network settings, and then re-connected to my wifi. No difference. This morning when I tried calling my mobile using the landline, it went straight to voicemail even though it had full Wifi signal.
Please let me know how to fix this.
Thanks
Griff
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @Griff Glowen,

It appears we may have exhausted all of the troubleshooting we can offer from this platform.

I've sent you a PM on what to do next and how we can help further to resolve this.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Hi. I am new to iD but I have a similar issue to Griff's.
When I am at home there is zero mobile signal, and the iphone switches automatically to wifi calling (with the wificall symbol as normal).
However, whilst OUTGOING wifi calls are working fine, unfortunately INCOMING calls just go straight to the voicebox.
I'm using iphone SE, iOS 11.4, and I have already reset the network settings but it made no difference.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi. I am new to iD but I have a similar issue to Griff's.
When I am at home there is zero mobile signal, and the iphone switches automatically to wifi calling (with the wificall symbol as normal).
However, whilst OUTGOING wifi calls are working fine, unfortunately INCOMING calls just go straight to the voicebox.
I'm using iphone SE, iOS 11.4, and I have already reset the network settings but it made no difference.

Hello @peterbrendon,

That's odd.

To my knowledge, WiFi calling should work with both incoming and outgoing calls.

Have you been able to test this when connected to a different WiFi?

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Hi. Initially wifi calling was working only outgoing, instant switch to voicebox incoming. After doing nothing except just waiting for a day or two, the incoming started working properly too. So in the end all ok. I guess it just took a while for the servers to set themselves up for my new sim number.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi. Initially wifi calling was working only outgoing, instant switch to voicebox incoming. After doing nothing except just waiting for a day or two, the incoming started working properly too. So in the end all ok. I guess it just took a while for the servers to set themselves up for my new sim number.

That's great to hear @peterbrendon,

I'm glad It's now working for you! 🙂

Mohammed
Should I also be worried about this issue on my wifi?
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @techpop,

Potentially. It might be worth getting in touch with your provider to see how they can help further. :)

Ryan
Hi I too am having no luck with wifi calls and done everything stated in this forum please pm
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi I too am having no luck with wifi calls and done everything stated in this forum please pm

Hi @Tyluild,

I replied to your other post regarding this issue, if you havent managed to take a look then I'll explain again. I'm afraid that if your phone isn't on our compatibility list, found here, then we can't guarantee that the feature will work at this time. Sorry!

Ryan
it seems you get a lot of people who don’t check the compatibility list that is the first thing I did and then went through all the help on the forums to no avail
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
it seems you get a lot of people who don’t check the compatibility list that is the first thing I did and then went through all the help on the forums to no avail

I've responded to your topic already @Tyluild and requested you refrain from posting on multiple topics relating to the same issue.

Mohammed
I am new to iD and joined because wifi calling is supposed to be available and we live in an area of poor coverage. Sadly I can't get it to work. My wife has a BT contract on an identical phone (iPhone 5s on iOS 11.4) and wifi calling works perfectly for her. Instead of getting 'No Service' showing on the top of the display she gets 'BT wifi calling'. Unfortunately I just get 'No Service' and calls just fail. I have even tried putting my iD sim in my wife's phone but it still didn't work. Incidentally wifi coverage is excellent throughout the house and is about 70mbps.

I spent a long time on a web chat with iD customer services but didn't find a solution. I'm not convinced the agent fully understood the concept of wifi calling as at one point she said I needed a 3G or 4G signal for it to work. Quite the opposite. In the end the agent said she would send a replacement sim card but I am not sure how that will solve the problem,

Does anyone have any ideas please?
I am new to iD and joined because wifi calling is supposed to be available and we live in an area of poor coverage. Sadly I can't get it to work. My wife has a BT contract on an identical phone (iPhone 5s on iOS 11.4) and wifi calling works perfectly for her. Instead of getting 'No Service' showing on the top of the display she gets 'BT wifi calling'. Unfortunately I just get 'No Service' and calls just fail. I have even tried putting my iD sim in my wife's phone but it still didn't work. Incidentally wifi coverage is excellent throughout the house and is about 70mbps.

I spent a long time on a web chat with iD customer services but didn't find a solution. I'm not convinced the agent fully understood the concept of wifi calling as at one point she said I needed a 3G or 4G signal for it to work. Quite the opposite. In the end the agent said she would send a replacement sim card but I am not sure how that will solve the problem,

Does anyone have any ideas please?

Hi @Cambridge Chris,

Welcome to the iD Mobile Community!

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Have you attempted to follow the troubleshooting outlined previously in this thread at all?

Jade
Thank you for your reply Jade. I tried all the suggestions to no avail. However last night WiFi calling suddenly started working. Puzzling but satisfying. Maybe as a previous post suggested it was a matter of waiting a while.

Chris

Why iD Mobile?